• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Miss Agatha on the market

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I thought Miss Agatha was going to stay within the BCF family? :blue:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
disappointing

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yeah, I was sad to see this.

Hopefully, she'll go to someone deserving.

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'm curious as to why, seems like there was a lot of expense and effort into getting her.

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hold on Guys. You are jumping to conclusions. The reason I jumped in and bought Miss Agatha was that my 60 BE, 60 FROG, that I bought from Scott McDonald was rear ended in an accident I was not sure it would ever be the same. 60 Frog was at the body shop when Miss Agatha came up for sale. I made the decision to buy Agatha and bring her 2100 miles across country before anyone else beat me to the punch and I was left hanging with no BE. As it turned out when I got back from Florida, 60 Frog had been fixed real nicely and I cannot afford to own two Bugeyes so one had to be sold.

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Glad to hear 60 Frog has been properly repaired!

G

Even I passed on flipping her and Jack has given me a flip once before. (Thanks again for that Jack, I still owe you dinner.)

None of this makes any sense to me; keeping the wrecked car? I'd sell that and buy your co-owner out; the whole thing just doesn't add up.

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I got to see 60 Frog back when Scott owned it, and it's a **** nice car, prior to the damage. Without seeing Ms Agatha in person, I can't say this for sure, but they are probably close to equal in their quality of work. I don't know about anyone else, but when I get attached to a car, it takes more than some rear end damage to break the bond.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Thanks 59d for the explanation. I think we're all passionate about these cars. We dig into these cars and know them with an intimate familiarity that few could compare to. We give them names shows the connection we have to them, and they seem to take on a spirit all their own. We follow and the various adventures (and misadventures) of each others' cars as much as the owners, and thus why I know I reacted with a bit of shock to find her back on the market again.

I enjoyed following the adventures of Miss Agatha and was looking forward to hearing more about her in her new life on the West Coast. I certainly hope that a prerequisite for the next owner of Miss Agatha is that they MUST keep us updated on BCF. In all honesty, it's probably a good thing to do for any future Spridget owner. When I bought my Sprite from Longbridgehealey, he did an awful lot for me in terms of giving me resources, etc., but perhaps the best thing he did for me was to steer me to the BCF. Lord knows where I'd have been without you guys.

smaceng

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks for the kind words Edd. I know that the condition of my 60 Frog entered into Bill's decision to keep mine and unfortunately let Miss Agatha go.
I can say that Bill loves BEs.......here is a picture of his other BE when I delivered mine to him last year......many thanks to you Bill for keeping me up to date with all the adventures with 60 Frog.
securedownload.jpg
Cheers
Scott in CA

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yes, many thanks for the explanation, Bill. Do hope you find Miss A a good home!

Mickey