• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Holley 390 or Edelbrock 500

RSMTR8

Jedi Trainee
I am sure this has come up before, but I need some input people. What is the better choice, I am looking for dependability, not necessarily best performance. All input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

AggieCPA

I can't give you any technical revelations or verifiable statistics, but I fool around with 67 - 72 Chevy trucks and have had very good luck with the edelbrocks. I also haven't heard complaints about them while I have heard several about Holleys. That's just FWIW.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Rod -

I'll be interested in responses you get. My TR8 rebuild includes an Edelbrock manifold and a Holley 390. Got them from The Wedge Shop; apparently Woody is sold on the Holley. I would imagine it's like everything else automotive: one "dances with the one what brought ya."

Mickey

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I had a Holley 390, it was an older model and it would never mix right. I am not a mechanic by any stretch but usually I can tinker things but no luck with the holley. I sold it, bought an Eldebrock 500 and never have had any trouble. I Know Woody is sold on Holleys and tried to talk me thru mine but it was not worth it. I sold it on Ebay for 150 more than I paid for the new eldebrock.

OP
RSMTR8

RSMTR8

Jedi Trainee
Where did u buy the Edelbrock from?

Thanks!

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I looked around the web and got a price but did not buy it While at NAPA buying some coolant I found the same one $50 cheaper. done deal