• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a FREE resource for the Little British Car community. I just did a little math and found that less than 1% of the registered members appreciate this forum enough to support us with an account upgrade. We do not "require" you to pay to play here, but if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and want to ensure we stay online - Consider supporting us with an "optional" low-cost member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

HELP! Overdrive on ebay...

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Jaybird
You could probably buy my 74.5 GT with OD for what it would cost to have that shipped to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and I don't think I would be that far off on the total.

Paul

Ugh, that bad, hey Paul? A girl can hope though, right? If I could snag it cheap enough...

Could always pick it up!

Yeah, I would imagine it will be pretty pricey to ship.

There is an outfit either in CT or NH that specialized in Overdrive rebuilds. I think the name is Quantam, but I didn't come up with anything on google. Seem like they had rebuilt units in the $800 range, but I could be wrong.

Thanks John, found it. Quantum Mechanics in Monroe CT. Looking around on the site now.

Jaybird,
Atlanta Imported Auto parts did mine. I have had no problems, and the price isn't too bad. Atlanta Imported

They're in Decatur - not far from Emory. If you want to visit your friend there is a place in back of AIAP called Neil's Restorations that'll drop her in for you. The do great work.

there is a man here in Louisville, Ky who has 2 O/D trannies for late model B's. He advertizes in Hemming's Motor News. If your interested, e-mail and I'll give you his number. bob

You are just about to go broke in the market JB, First the exchange rate will get to you and second the shippng costs will be high,Additionally, you may end up with the thing tied up in customs for additional inspection fees. I would drop out and go with the Quantum People I hear a lot of good things about them---Fwiw---Keoke

I've backed away from the tranny on ebay. The seller couldn't (or wouldn't) give me a price on shipping, and that's just too much a gamble, no matter how cheaply I might have gotten it. Still trying to reach the guy in our car club that has the junkyard tranny he snagged for $70.

Dahubby is going to mgdoc's shop tonight (Monday is guys night at the shop) He's going to put an oil cooler on the B. (silly thing is still running ridiculously hot, even with the new thermostat) I know the guys will talk to him about an overdrive.

So, we'll start with finding SUs, mgdoc thinks he has a pair at his shop and someone here has a pair laying around collecting dust (ooooh Klutz...) and then the overdrive will be a winter project I think.

Just wait til our car show here in a few weeks though - I'm going to have a big surprise for everyone.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Well JB, I think you made the right move. Regarding the hot running ,have you had the radiator "boiled out", "rodded" and the block backflushed ??.---Keoke

Nods.
Had the radiator in the shop late June or early July. Ridiculously hot is technical terminology for 'less than a quarter inch from the H.' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif Even with the 160 or 165 thermometer in.

Hiya Jaybird,

I got my overdrive trans. from Quantum. Works like a dream,..and pretty easy to put in.

They sell on ebay from time to time,.that's where I got mine,..$900. + $75. shipping.

Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'll remember Quantum when I exhaust my $70 junkyard lead. Right now I'm in the process of convincing the guy he should give me the tranny for the $70 he paid for it.

Dahubby is going to kill you guys. You're enablers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Thanks Mickey!

((still haven't gotten a call back from the guy in our car club with the $70 od tranny))

You know, dahubby came home from 'guy night' at the shop last night and said, "Maybe you should look for a donor car."

**THUD**

I'll turn him into a car nut yet, you wait and see.

[ QUOTE ]
You know, dahubby came home from 'guy night' at the shop last night and said, "Maybe you should look for a donor car."

**THUD**

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Another one, new today:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MGB-Overd...1QQcmdZViewItem

Mickey

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. Dahubby is weakening. I showed him the overdrive. He said, "DON'T BID ON IT, just watch it for a few days."

I'm thinking ONE bid won't hurt anything, guy has a reserve on it anyway.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif