• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Flea Market Score

Country flag
My wife drug me to the Nashville Flea Market yesterday. I'm always looking for some car related stuff but no luck. I saw a pink toy car as I was passing thru one section, shape caught my eye. Went back to check and sure enough, a Barbie Austin Healey. Guy was very reasonable with price so I jumped. My wife looked at me funny when I caught up to her but understood after she saw it up close, then said " I had one just like it". Thinking I might paint it same color as my blue BJ8.
Marv image.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don't see any rust issues so you're good to go!

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Too bad it didn't come with the oily, greasy, bleeding knuckle, mouth like a sailor Barbie.

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Marv, I can't tell from the scale, but is that a Barbie clock radio, or the larger one?
I found this little number at the Charlotte Auto Fair back in the '90s. It's worth thousands and thousands of dollars because the bumpers were made upside down -- not installed upside down, but made with the overriders upside down -- like the upside down biplane on the U.S. stamp. O.K., maybe not, but perhaps I can be pleasantly surprised if the day ever comes to sell it. Later ones had the overriders turned rightside up. Too bad it's not a BJ8....
I was able to order another one from the manufacturer (bumpers correct) and send it to Patrick Quinn in Australia. That started an e-mail friendship that has lasted for close to 20 years now although we have never met in person. Hope to do that next year.

Attachments

• IMG_2789.JPG
    IMG_2789.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2790.JPG
    IMG_2790.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2791.JPG
    IMG_2791.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2792.JPG
    IMG_2792.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 82

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I wouldnt paint it . Those things are very collectable , paint it it pretty much worthless .

Country flag
Don't paint it, they're only original once!
This!

I've had one of the clock radios by my bedside since the mid-90s__at least. I had one of the very early ones, but my ex-wife asked to keep it (I was after all, keeping the real one). I got lucky and found another one at an All British car show in Toledo in 2001 (shortly after moving there).

My current (2nd/last/final/permanent) wife still has the original Barbie Healey she got as a little girl, around 1962 (she's guessing) and it is mint and perfect; no missing or broken pieces, windshield isn't scratched, chrome not rubbed off, really outstanding condition. I will say though, the Barbie__in the driver's seat__and Ken as the passenger are only slightly flawed: nearly all of Ken's fuzzy hair has vanished...

If I were to stumble onto another one of the clock radios, I'd buy it in hopes that the radio portion lasts longer than the one I have now; the clock works fine, and what do I need an alarm for anyway ;)

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
I wouldnt paint it . Those things are very collectable , paint it it pretty much worthless .

Currently on ebay, in original box for $250 + $25 shipping.
s-l1600.jpg

Dad drove the BJ8 when I was a kid. No wonder this was under the Xmas tree one year for my older sister. I remember the orange color.