• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Canadian dealers

rustynuts

I called Moss Motors to see if they had any dealers in Canada. I guess it was a difficult question because the sales guy had a hard time answering since his computer doesn't list it easily. Are there any members her that can tell me ? I just don't want to order from the US and have to deal with customs and duty etc.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Have you contacted Bob Yule at Autofarm in Southern Ontario (www.autofarm.net)? I don't know if he is a Moss dealer but he is a great fellow with lots of Healey experience.

R6MGS

Yoda
Penninsula imports(Oakville Ontario) is a great a supplier of MOSS parts but you pay just as much as if you ordered from Moss and paid all the duties, but at least you don't have to wait for shipping(depending on where in Canada you are).
Also try British auto sport, I think their in NewMarket Ontario. Theirs a few others here in Ontario but I am not exactlly sure of all the names...I usually order direct from MOSS and wait it out.

Zack

R6MGS

Yoda
I know this thread is OLD...But Penninsula Imports here in Oakville Ontario is a MOSS distributor. There are a few others, drop me a PM.

RF Thom

Jedi Hopeful
RustyNuts A Canadian Moss dealer is Tom Haynes of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Tom was a mechanic, then service Mgr, for Performance Cars when they were the Leyland/Jaguar dealer here. Tom now works at home and can be reached @ [905] 650-6300.

Regards, Bob

OP
R

rustynuts

thanks for the info guys. I met a fellow that has a cottage in my area who owns a garage and is helping me with the rstoration. His name is Pete from Capital in St. Catherines Ontario. Anyone familiar with the place?

RF Thom

Jedi Hopeful
rustynuts - Yes I know Pete from Capital [ used to have Collision in their name ] but now they just do mechanical repairs. They're on Ontario St. just north of QEW. When I lived in St.Cath I'd pass by there and usually there was an assortment of British stuff parked outside. Can't understand why Pete doesn't belong to the Niagara British Car Club ? [ captive audience ]. I was in his shop a while back to sort through his Jaguar valve lash shims - I was looking for a size for my sons Lotus Elan. He had the right thickness, wrong dia. so I had to slowly resize the O.D. so as not to alter the heat treat.

Regards, Bob