• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Brosky - Front sealing block info?

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Paul,

My front sealing block is stripped. Do I remember you talking about buying one made of steel? If I remember right I thought you mentioned you knew the guy that made them.

Mine's stripped pretty bad and I was wondering if the guy still made them and if you had his contact info.

Thanks in advance!
-s

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
Bummer.....I wish I knew about those saddle blocks last winter when I had the engine out and redid all the gaskets and seals. That looks like a real nice product and wonder why Triumph didn't do the original design out of steel.

Paul.....where in CT is he located?

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I think that he's in Milford or thereabouts. When I met him, he was working in Norwalk.

Tom74TR6

Guys,
Marc is in Norwalk. I installed mine last week. He has a couple still left. He did warn me to use the wood wedges instead of the neoprene slugs.
The slugs are tough to install since you can not tap them with a hammer and they want to extrude themselves out when you press the block in. I got mine in, and trimmed the excess off.
I am hoping to get the oil pan installed on Sunday. I have to remove the block from the engine stand so I can get the rear seal in first.
Tom C

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
BobbyD said:
Bummer.....I wish I knew about those saddle blocks last winter when I had the engine out and redid all the gaskets and seals. That looks like a real nice product and wonder why Triumph didn't do the original design out of steel.

Paul.....where in CT is he located?

Those steel blocks can be installed from the bottom without much fuss. I just removed mine to check my front main bearing and reinstalled it with the same gaskets, albeit with a bit more sealant goop. No leaks. It is a nice feeling to be able to crank down on screws and bolts with a gorilla torque and not fear stripping the darned aluminum. Not, that I use, gorilla torque...

OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks for all the help, I've placed my order.

I'm in the middle of a HVDA conversion and I've got a leak up front that's pretty bad and since I had it up in the air, I'd just take care of it. The two oil pan bolts under the sealing plate were barely finger tight and wouldn't go any tighter, so I think I found the culprit.

I think this is the last "sub-project" of the conversion and my flywheel and pressure plate should be back from being balanced this week. So with luck I might be attempting a test run by the weekend. :driving:

Take care,
-s

MTribe

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Shoot, just finished an engine rebuild a few months ago and wish I knew about these! A big thanks to all of you making parts like this--makes our lives a lot easier.

(On a related topic I did manage to see Art Lipp's steering column bushes in time, installed them, and I must say the steering is incredibly tight and solid--a feeling I thought I'd never experience on a TR6! I did use both his AND new urethane bushings, btw... sorry, back on topic)

2wrench

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
MTribe said:
Shoot, just finished an engine rebuild a few months ago and wish I knew about these! A big thanks to all of you making parts like this--makes our lives a lot easier.

(On a related topic I did manage to see Art Lipp's steering column bushes in time, installed them, and I must say the steering is incredibly tight and solid--a feeling I thought I'd never experience on a TR6! I did use both his AND new urethane bushings, btw... sorry, back on topic)

No, no, please, start another thread and tell us more about these steering column bushes.
Do you trim them; how much do you water them....

Sorry, just kidding. Really, tell us about the steering parts you placed that improved
steering. I think it would make a great thread. I'm interested in hearing more, please.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
I ordered the sealing blocks and just got an email from Marc saying:

"I did sell out of these and I have placed these on order last week. But I should have a new batch in 3 weeks at the soonest or 5 weeks at the latest. I will get an update tomorrow. I can refund your payment if you are not going to be able to wait for these or I can express one to you as soon as they are available."

I told him I'd wait as this something I want on hand for the next time I drop the oil pan.

2Wrench.....Art actually stopped selling the steering column bushings until he could figure out why they installed perfectly for some of us https://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/SteeringColumn.htm yet others couldn't get them in at all. I know he's close to a solution so you might want to contact him directly.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
When I responded to Marc, I told him that he might see an uptick in sales courtesy of Brosky's site and recommendation as well as the postings in the BCF. I just heard back from him with the 2 week delivery date and this:

"Out of the blue I just got 3 orders on Sunday which was a big surprise because things have been pretty quiet lately with these. I just had my engine apart and got a new lower end gasket set which had the rubber wedges rather than the original wood ones. The rubber ones were not sized as a good direct replacement for the wood wedges. They are too thick by .025" which adds .05" because there are 2. I was trying to decide whether or not to modify my part to fit the rubber seals, but then they would then not work w/ the wood ones which are supplied in the gasket kits also. Since I closely matched the dimensions of the original part, I decided not to make that change. I used the wood wedges for my car, which when coated w/ rtv and hammered into place, fit very well. Anyway, that delayed me on getting these back on order. But I just spoke to the shop making these for me, and was told they would be ready in two weeks which is great.

I will be back in touch when they are ready and thanks again. I am so happy that these have been so well received and that these were able to help out some frustrating issues for Triumph owners"