• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BJ8 Upper Windshield Bow - Center Hole Finisher

Andrew1

I am putting the finishing touches on a rechromed windshield frame for a BJ8.

I noticed that the upper chrome winshield bow has three holes. The two end holes hold the screws for the angle brackets - to the finishers that slide into the pilars.

I am at a loss as to what the purpose of the center hole in the upper bow is for? How is this finished, or is it left open?

My old frame had no finishing plug or otherwise.

Thank you.

Andrew

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior
Re: BJ8 Upper WInshield Bow - Center Hole Finish

There is supposed to be a half round rubber bumper in the hole. I used the same piece that is for the boot lid bumper on the rear shroud. Had to shave the base down to get it to fit and then glued it in place.

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

anybody have a photo of what it's supposed to look like? I was wondering about this too.

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior

Here is a photo

Attachments

• 264052-IMAGE002.JPG
    264052-IMAGE002.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 139

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag

stevenbn2bj7, What is the color combination on your BJ7. From the photos it looks smokey gray with a cream interior and gray piping. Looks great. Rob

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a photo

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Steven. I hate to ask you, but could you get a close up. I'm trying to gauge the size of the black bumper to see what I can find to use for it. It looks pretty big from the pic.

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior

Thanks Rob. It is a light green Nissan (millenium jade) color on the exterior and the interior is ivory with doeskin piping, dash top, door tops over dark green carpet.

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior

Scott, tried getting a closeup this morning and the flash kept washing it out. It is about 3/8-1/2" in diameter and 3/8" high. I used Moss part number 682-110 which is the same as the three bumpers for the boot lid on the rear shroud.

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Thanks Steve. Always another little part to think about. It's my reason for getting up every morning (other than to make my wife miserable).

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Steve, Would you post a full photo of your BJ7. I think your paint/interior is great. I normally prefer traditional color combinations, but your's looks like a knock out. Who supplied the interior? That had to be a custom job. Rob

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior

Rob,
Thanks. Here is a decent photo of it. I have better ones but they are too big for the site. If you pm me your e-mail I can send them direct. The interior was done by Heritage.
Steve

Attachments

• 264699-Legacy044.JPG
    264699-Legacy044.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 115

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Beautiful looking colors, Steve. I found a sheet of half round black rubber bumpers with adhesive backs. You get 25 for a dollar, they are the right size and hold great. Readily available at the local hardware store, intended for the bottom of table top items to prevent scratching. I really appreciate your solving the mystery of the third hole.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful looking colors, Steve. I found a sheet of half round black rubber bumpers with adhesive backs. You get 25 for a dollar, they are the right size and hold great. Readily available at the local hardware store, intended for the bottom of table top items to prevent scratching. I really appreciate your solving the mystery of the third hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he solved the problem but you beein cheap[not frugal] blew it SHG!. Not gonna work : 1] heat in summer will disloge the adhesive. 2] The top loading will cause adhesive to slip. You did better at the Pet Store.---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif----P.S. Maybe you can convince them to grow tails!--- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

P.S.2; Maybe if you clean all that sticky stuff off the back and add a spot of "Super Glue" you might make it think it got a tail too.- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif
This post deleted by "Keoke"- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Well, we'll just see about that! 'Course, now I gotta wait till summer to prove you wrong...so just remember you said this and remind me next summer so I can tell you "I told you so." And I'm not cheap. I'm frugal. Ocassionally thrifty. But never cheap!