• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Auto Dealer Parts for sale

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]TR 6 hardtop, good condition, excellent headliner, needs hardware 600[/QUOTE]

That's a TR6 hardtop for anyone close to CT/NY border.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Andy, you should check Ebay. Chrome valve covers routinely sell for $100 or more.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Sorry, but watching TR3/4 valve covers on ebay is my passion. We can talk about me getting a life later, but for now I'd say $100 better include a new chrome job, otherwise Andy's flea market prices are closer to the mark.

Randy

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
True, I bought two TR3-4 valve covers from e-bay in great shape. One for $16 and the other for $22. $100 is way out of line.

Scott_Hower

Luke Skywalker
Interesting stock list.
Prices seem way steep to me.

No thanks.

dklawson

Yoda
Owning a Spit and a GT6... I didn't see any Triumph parts there I was interested in. However... I had my eye on 1275-S short block (Mini). If the description is accurate (and the crank is good), it's a very, very, very good deal. He also has a very good price on a set of MiniLites with "new?" Dunlops for a Mini. The only problem is the Mini-sized Dunlops haven't been sold in the U.S. for a long time.

V

vagt6

New Eng. Classics has a very nice inventory of LBC cars for sale, almost all the time. It's in my "favorites" and I look at it probably weekly. They do resto work and seem to be reputable.

Most of his cars for sale appear to be in good condition and the prices are generally top retail - what you'd expect for a professional dealer. I actually called them once about a Tr-4, they had all the right answers and seemed to really know their stuff about LBC nomenclature.

Ditto for those parts for sale. All top retail prices, but sometimes, paying top retail can be a good thing for some of the more rare items.

I wish I had a few extra pesos, I'd grab a few of those items . . . the short block 1275 maybe??

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]True, I bought two TR3-4 valve covers from e-bay in great shape. One for $16 and the other for $22. $100 is way out of line.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, guys. My mistake. I was looking at this as a TR6 chrome valve cover, which I watch with a passion and never see selling for under a $100 final price.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The distinction being that virtually all of the TR3-4 covers were chromed by the factory; while the TR6 covers were not.

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
Brosky said:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]True, I bought two TR3-4 valve covers from e-bay in great shape. One for $16 and the other for $22. $100 is way out of line.

Sorry, guys. My mistake. I was looking at this as a TR6 chrome valve cover, which I watch with a passion and never see selling for under a $100 final price. [/QUOTE]Sigh...another ship of good fortune dashed against the cruel rocks of reality.... :cryin:

But the more I thought about, the more I realized you must have had TR6 valve covers in mind. As Randall notes, they're rather scarcer than the TR3-4 valve covers!

Tom74TR6

When did this list appear? I see a TR6 Hardtop for 600. I live 10 min from his place but you really need to see the parts in person. If his descriptions are anything like the ones he uses for his cars then buyer beware.

Mark_Barton

Freshman Member
Country flag
Tom74TR6 said:
If his descriptions are anything like the ones he uses for his cars then buyer beware.

Have you had problems there then, Tom? I bought my 4 from him in the fall (so it's too late now :smile: ) and it's lived up to its billing so far.

OP
prb51

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hey, he's a 'car salesman', goes with the territory....'no rust' means basically surface rust only and no rust through. I can't count the number of vehicle descriptions I've seen that say No Rust! and then they show you pictures of rust covering the complete underside. Amazes me but that seems to be the norm for dealers.
It depends on what you definition of 'is' is.