Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
On the ZS CD 175 with adjustable needle; is the o ring that seals the needle a round profile or is it a square profile? I ask because I've got an assortment of o rings, and if I don't have to buy something new, that's a good thing.
Thanks for any info.
O-Ring has a round profile. And a bugger to get the retaining star washer out. I've found a long hooked pick to be the best tool to get that retainer into a vertical position in the tube to then pull it out the rest of the way.
EDIT: Be sure any o-ring you use is immune to the effects of ethanol fuels. The job is such a PITA I'd say spend the money for a rebuild kit so you only have to do it once. :wink:
Thanks for the info. Yes, familiar with the effects of alcohol on rubber fuel system parts. I think I can get Viton in the right size locally, so that should be just fine. Also needs to be immune to oil, so it's a double whammy.
If a seal is OK with gas having ethanol, the oil won't be a problem for it.
If you don't find the Viton seals locally, try McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com). McMaster has almost any industrial component you can imagine. They are not the cheapest but they do have a HUGE inventory of supplies.
On the Stag ZS carbs, I was able to tap out the adjusting screw using an unsharpened wooden pencil for a drift. Stuck the wooden end in the hole, then rapped the eraser end on the bench. Walked right out. I used round replacements in Buna-N as that's what I had on hand.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.