• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

You might be a Little British Car owner.........

youngsmith

when stopped at intersections people point and stare. if you drive a british car this happens, either because it's beautiful, or because there is something on fire.

you look in the rearview miror, and see two gentlemen with their hands on your rear bumper, you thank them.

you consider the fact that you cary goggles in the car a reasonable alternative to the soft top, which you removed to save weight.

You have a bumper sticker that says "All the parts falling off of this car are of the finest british workmanship."

People can smell you when you enter the room, and you showered earlier that day.

you've cought youslef saying "that smells nice" when you unwittingly walk through a place that gear oil has spilled.

you've wondered how hard it would be to construct a 30 car garage, atatched to your 2 bedroom home.

the d.M.V. sends you sympathy cards after you re-register your vehicle for another year.

you've ever had to prove to someone that your car runs.

not only do you have a home tool kit, and an away tool kit, the away tool kit is larger and more complete.

you drive through neighbourhoods and have children and old folks ask you for rides.

you can go anywhere and have someone say "I had one of those when I was a kid" and they invariably have some piece of wisdom to share with you, and in some cases have parts to give you.

you had your car running for a year before installing a stereo, because you just wanted to hear your engine.

you stop people in traffic, and sometimes they get out and help you get started again.

canuck

Country flag
If these jokes are not new to you:

Joe Lucas held a patent on the short circuit.

Lucas introduced a vacuum cleaner to his line: it was the only product he ever made that didn"t suck.

The Lucas factory motto was "Work hard and quickly so you can get home before dark".

Why do the English drink warm beer: they have Lucas refrigerators.

Then you must be a LBC owner.

Country flag
If you get wetter inside your car when it rains than you would if you were outside...

you might be a LBC owners.

lawguy

Jedi Knight
- You bake a cake to celebrate Donald Healey's birthday.

- You activate your headlight switch, and you're surprised that they come on, rather than your windshield wipers.

- Someone remarks that your dashpots are probably dry, and you know enough not to consult a urologist.

- You understand why Mr. Bean padlocks his Mini.

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
For the last five years, you've had to settle for making "vroom, vroom" noises while in the driveway or garage.

Traffic reporters start referring to you by name when discussing morning tie-ups.

If you have spent 4+ years and 3K+ on your car and it still looks like the day you brought her home......You might Be......
smile.gif

lawguy

Jedi Knight
If you've ever referred to Colin Chapman as "The Almighty."...

If you've ever thought of a 1275cc engine as "the big one"...

If you can rebuild an SU sidedraft from memory, but can't remember your wedding day, or sometimes, your wife's name....

[ 05-28-2003: Message edited by: lawguy ]</p>

huck6

Jedi Trainee
If you can convince your wife that an MG really is a realiable college investment for the young'uns.

If you can touch the pavement outside the car when stopped at a light.

if your tach reads about half your oil pressure

G

If a screwdriver with a large handle is a necessary item to carry along to insure you can make it to your destination. When the fuel pump quits to tap on it to get it started again
hammer.gif

Mark Beiser

Jedi Warrior
This thread, and some "FUN" adventures when I lived in the mountains in central Arizona, inspired my sig.
grin.gif

[ 09-13-2003: Message edited by: Mark Beiser ]</p>

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Can't believe we havn't seen this one!!!!!!

::: If you will park over a mile away... just to be sure you are ON A HILL.

Been there, done it.
Paul

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mark Beiser:
This thread, and some "FUN" adventures when I lived in the mountains in central Arizona, inspired my sig.
grin.gif

"If you are good at night driving with a flashlight held over the top of the windscreen.....You just might be a LBC driver."

[ 09-13-2003: Message edited by: Mark Beiser ]
<hr></blockquote>

That could be tuff. Me thinks i would use a handy roll of duct tape and a maglite, might make it easier to steer and shift.
But lets hear the story !! Please

Mark

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
IF: The local tow comapny has your address programmed into their computer & recognize your car on the side of the road & know to take it home without specific directions & then send you a monthly towing invoice.

William

Darth Vader
When you have an old coat hanger holding your power line out of the way temporarily, and your uncle, who is helping re hang the wire, removes the coat hanger and says:
"Best put this back in the MG"
...and he's right, then you may just be.
-William (true story, at that!)