• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Who know's about Jags?

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I posted this on the Jaguar list but was hoping a few MG guys might be able to help. Found this sitting in a field. Body is fairly solid. Looks like it was re-done before it was parked and I do not know why it is just sitting there. The car belongs to a friend of my dad's and it has been sitting for a year or 2. I have the numbers posted on the jag list.
I think it is a 1969 XKE.
What is approximate worth or what I should offer?
https://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jvping/alb...vping/my_photos

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ask him what he paid for it and why it's sitting in a field to rot?! Guilt him into selling it to you NOW rather than watch it become worthless very soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I'm restoring a 67 Series I OTS and yes, it is a money pit, but the 67 Roadster will be worth the $$. If that 69 Coupe requires a complete restoration, it "might" be worth the effort, but plan on spending a lot of time and $$$. And a Jag engine is not an MG engine. Everything about the Jag requires a level of precision and care beyond what would be required for many other LBCs. The independent rear suspension alone is a masterpiece of engineering, but requires a highly skilled mechanic who doesn't just "think" he knows what he's doing, but actually does know. There are a thousand ways to mess up a Jag IRS (and engine) in the hands of mere mortals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif I've owned Jags since I was 17, so I know of what I speak.

Basil

swift6

Yoda
First off being a coupe it won't be worth the same as a roadster. XKE roadsters and big Healey's are typically the first cars on a very short list of British sports cars that are capable of values that exceed restoration costs (assuming you account for your own time if you do your own work). XKE Coupes don't quite make that cut yet. That being said, the coupes do have some good qualities (as long as you don't have to look at it too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) especially that Jag in-line six. But then I'm biased when it comes to in-line sixes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

:cheers

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'd have it in a heartbeat. I ain't askeert a no Jag 4.2 nor the IRS. Give it here, I'll show ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have it in a heartbeat. I ain't askeert a no Jag 4.2 nor the IRS. Give it here, I'll show ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

lawguy

Jedi Knight
Who knows about jags?

Well, I work with 35 other lawyers, so....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mehheh... "Who knows about egos"...

Tough room, I'd imagine.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
With that body condition, he should pay you to haul it off!

OP
vping

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
All kidding aside, does it have a value or a market for parts or should I not even bother?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Marvin Gruber's the man you need to ask that of - do a search & have him come up & take a look at the photo...but, having been to his place, I can tell you he has some in that condition sitting out in a field also.

& I love those old Jag coupes!

R6MGS

Yoda
Definatly worth *something*....it's all dependant on how cheap you can get it.

OP
vping

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I love 'em too but I just got the GT and don't want another project.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a 3.4 on it's way to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif
Hmmmm.. That sounds like a good excuse to come to Elsinore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"BRING IT ON!"

My hovel's engine stand ain't set up fer it (built for the fours) but I know where I can purloin an appropriate rig. All th' tools are here, info too. Class-act machine shop just around the corner. Bad news is: ya gotta be able to sleep standing up.

Oh! And BRING BEER. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
If you decide against buying it I might be interested....