• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

When did gloves become required for every job?

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Expert mechanic friend is allergic to gas and oil. Always wears "rubber" gloves. Latex? Nitrile? I bought a box and now use them. Keeps that nasty stuff off you skin and doesn't affect your touch. On a related topic, football players all wear gloves now.
Nitrile. Latex will fail with gas and oil.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
About a week or so back I had my first use for the gloves.
They came through with flying colors.
Much better than the ones I got from Costco.
Unfortunately , the job I did on my Ody didn't go so well.
Replace the drivers side axle and the new one makes more noise than the old one...and it is getting worse
Dang

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I just about learned the hard way about nitrile gloves and rotating things. I don't always wear gloves, but I chose to for the job I was doing. Rooting out the sewer line with a mechanical snake. The first time I did it I used leather gloves and they were too stinky to keep. The next time I got smart and used blue nitrile. All went fine til one time I tried to guide the line as I was shutting it down. It caught on the glove and rapidly tried to eat my hand. Luckily I was shutting power off and was also strong enough to pull away and break the glove.