Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Is there a special tool to do this, or have I missed something very obvious? I can't seem to find anything that will fit, and none of the obvious improv approaches (such as a pair of screwdrivers) have worked.
Most of us just use a common 3/8" square drive ratchet.
Some folks will grind down a 1/2" square drive to fit perfectly but I have never needed to.
You can buy the special wrench but few people do.
BillM
I looked all over to try to buy that 7/16" square drive. You CAN'T buy one, at least not from Sears, Proto, Mac, or Snap-On, let alone your local hardware store. I bull nosed a piece of square stock and had it welded into an appropriate 12 point socket, as the 3/8" ratchet wouldn't do the job. ..
I have not got that far with my Midget project yet but assume from this discussion that it is a female 7/16 in the plug and needs a male socket to remove it.
If that is correct, simply purchase a 7/16 female socket if you don't have one and then purchase a short piece of 7/16 square key stock.
Maybe I got the idea from you? I picked it up somewhere. There's usually a small washer laying on the ground within reach anyway. Never sweep the garage floor!
7/16" key stock in an 8 point 7/16" socket with a bit of lock tight or a tack weld to hold it in if you are going to keep it that way or juct keep them separate.
Piece of keystock ground to fit perfectly and long enough to hold and use a crescent wrench on. Keep it in the tool box and don't have to worry about ruining any plugs.
KA
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.