• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well now...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Looks like this is a whole different kettle!

Thinkin' I like it.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Change.......... - next thing you know,I'll have to give up my flip phone.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Oops. I keep and carry an old Motorola Razr flip-phone. Not gonna give it up, either.

Country flag
I carried a flip phone until last December when the battery gave up the ghost. I could get a new battery, but I had to order it through the manufacturer, and buy 10,000of them. Made the $3 a piece cost kind of irrelevant... So, company phone and I got a iPhone they paid for. Haven't bothered to setup siri or maps or any of that, just use it for calls and messages.

Country flag
Now that goes back a while. When I was still in an office there was someone who had the old bell type ring on their cell. Went off one day when that person was away from their desk and had left the phone. Whoever it was kept trying and finally one of the youngsters yelled, "what is that bell I keep hearing". Too young for the old style bell in the case type phone...

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
If i had to resort back to a flip phone, I'd either go Razr or the StarTAC. I really liked the startac.
1614712917148.png

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Haven't bothered to setup siri or maps or any of that, just use it for calls and messages.
I know iphones had issues with maps in the beginning but I think they solved the problem. Using the maps pay for the phone in my opinion. (I know your company paid for yours.) Being in a new town and be able to find a good restaurant 4.4 star or higher is a blessing. I can be driving along and get real time traffic warnings and offers for a different route that could save me time. Try doing that with a paper map.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I used the Nokia 6800 until 2012. It had a very cool foldout keyboard that made texting soooo easy. There were lots of cool features on that phone. I replaced it with my first iPhone as I was getting ready to travel overseas and wanted to be able to use google maps. Three weeks after I bought the iPhone it was stolen by a hotel employee. I ended up getting it back! Let's just say I made the thief an offer he could not refuse ๐Ÿ˜
Nokia-6800-364x346.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Who TALKS to anyone these days? :sneaky:
Truth. Just look over to the car beside you at an intersection. Chances are there's someone texting, likely even the driver.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Where's the numbers?Can you make phone calls with it?
For a serious answer, yes it can make calls. In the photo I posted above, the person is about to touch the phone icon (the green button). When that is pressed, the number pad appears.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I was bein' "diplomatic"...
I was at an intersection in my Spitfire (freshly painted) when a girl in a big Silverado Pickup truck ๐Ÿ›ป rear-ended my as I was stopped at a stop sign๐Ÿ”ด. I had the top down, so I heard the truck approaching and saw that she was staring at her phone! BANG! She was "so sorry" - said she didn't see me. Well Duh!!