Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I went to home depot for a t fitting, etc to hook up the pressure gauge and the idiot lamp also. spent a few bucks on parts. I also picked up a braided oil line to run to gauge I mounted in a pod on top of the dash.
Phil- I was thinking about the same thing. How a bout a photo.(Gauge Pod)
I checked the oil pressure and is about 15lbs at idle and between 40 and 50 at 2000RPM.Huw,my local guru said pressure is fine and he doesn't like the sound but says that since it is quiet at cool it might be a lifter.I need to pull the passenger side off when it is warm. Kind of a bugger with FI.
I was tired of looking at my dash clock reading 1230 all the time so I took it out and mounted a Smith's oil Gauge there. I can not understand why one was never mounted on the car... clock or oil pressure... I beleive most people (Guys at least at the risk of sounding sexist)would pick Oil pressure
I think if the idiot lamp is off your idle pressure is fine. Mine is flickering off at warm idle, and the engine is an unknown. The engine in my rangie makes valve train noise, but what I am hearing is different.
Well I drain the oil and refilled using the correct amount this time. I prefilled the new filter before install.Added some lifter quiet too and I removed the passenger side valve cover (those gaskets are a pain) and checked the lifters. All rockers are moving and push rods are jumping.
I restarted it to check for leaks but have not let it get hot yet.
Somebody made a remark about turning the oil pump after draining. Please comeback with more info.
Mickey, you got part one of the above link?
Side note- Where can I get new seals for the drain bolt. What a big bolt.
Hey, I understand. Can't tell you how many times I've searched for something, only to have my wife follow right behind me and produce it from its "hiding" place right out in the open!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.