• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Victoria British/Moss

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I know they were bought out, when I try to go to their website it redirects me to Miss, does anybody know if they still ship from Lenexa, KS?, I have to wait a week to get stuff from the coasts. Have to admit I didn't dig very far into this, but if someone knows would be appreciated.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
VB was my primary supplier with the occasional odds and ends from Moss. I did my first order since the merger with Moss. I found their website much harder to navigate than the VB site. It was just for a simple order of wheel studs and lug nuts. When I received the order, I received the wrong wheel studs. Even the lug nuts which are supposed to fit on the studs didn't fit. So, now I have to jump through the hoops of returning wheel studs. I know it's not a huge deal, but it's an inconvenience for something that should have been right in the first place.

svtmikey

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
I find Rimmer Bros has a better selection, and faster shipping......even though they are in England.
As far as I can tell the price is competitive if not better as well. I have had gauges from Moss on back order for 2 months now.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
VB was my primary supplier with the occasional odds and ends from Moss. I did my first order since the merger with Moss. I found their website much harder to navigate than the VB site. It was just for a simple order of wheel studs and lug nuts. When I received the order, I received the wrong wheel studs. Even the lug nuts which are supposed to fit on the studs didn't fit. So, now I have to jump through the hoops of returning wheel studs. I know it's not a huge deal, but it's an inconvenience for something that should have been right in the first place.
I think of Moss as a last resort I got my stud from Summit Racing just saying. MF

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Moss is a supporter of this forum.... just saying

svtmikey

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
That's why I bought my gauges from them, rather than going directly overseas. Having said that, 2 months on back order with no word as to when they'll arrive is not very good customer service.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's why I bought my gauges from them, rather than going directly overseas. Having said that, 2 months on back order with no word as to when they'll arrive is not very good customer service.
Probably on the boat that was stuck in the Suez Canal.... 😀
Seriously, all vendors are at the mercy of their suppliers and covid has turned lead times upside down. Not defending them but all businesses are in a similar boat in these times.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
As I understand from AH Spares, they can't find anyone willing to make the Sprite bonnet badge that I need. I suspect it is because it is plastic and retails for about $30. They big Healey badge seems to be available but, depending on which model. it ranges from $150 to $300. that seems to be more incentive to remake.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bayless, It might be worth it to find someone with a 3D printer. There actually may be someone with one at work, I can ask around tomorrow.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I gave up on the back orders a few years ago and ordered straight from England. Ebay.uk is quick too. Shipping not much worse as you pay the price here and you know their shipping is reflected in the price and then pay shipping to get it. Also, when they say they have two, don't believe it, I got many backorders as the site is not updated.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Been a Moss customer for decades, VB as well. Not had any issue with Moss over the years, it may be they're experiencing "teething pains" trying to reorganize the operation to absorb what LMC has presented them with.

Country flag
Bought from VB for years too as well as Moss and a few others. One thing I found with VB, they have what I called three categories of parts, right ones, wrongs ones that would work anyway, and wrong. They trick was to learn what was good to order and what to bypass for somewhere else. That said, I wouldn't bypass any parts supplier since we anymore have so few and we need to keep as much as we can.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Walt, my son-in-law has a 3d printer for plastic stuff but doesn't have the ability to design a new part, yet. He just uses designs (data files) he finds on the internet. I think you just need autocad to design new parts though. Even with that, he would still need a sample or very good description, with measurements to design it. So far I have not been able to even locate a broken one. And I have tried ebay US and UK, LarryK. I have not given up yet but I may have to fill those obtrusive holes before I paint the bonnet (soon?).

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Every once in a while I catch rare stuff by just googleing a part. Found a oil filter assembly for a 56 BelAir inline 6 thru Ebay.de (germany) for $43 + $20 shipping from actually Florida. All US ads were $99-$115 + shipping.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Walt, my son-in-law has a 3d printer for plastic stuff but doesn't have the ability to design a new part, yet. He just uses designs (data files) he finds on the internet. I think you just need autocad to design new parts though. Even with that, he would still need a sample or very good description, with measurements to design it. So far I have not been able to even locate a broken one. And I have tried ebay US and UK, LarryK. I have not given up yet but I may have to fill those obtrusive holes before I paint the bonnet (soon?).

Most 3D print preprocessors can handle files made by the open-source Blender program. I designed several custom bits for old Lionel model trains in Blender and then successfully 3D printed them. There is always some sort of intermediate process between your 3D modelling software and the printer itself - there has to be some sort of printer-specfic application that takes your 3D design and processes it into the exact code that tells the printer how to build the layers into a physical object. As long as that preprocessor application can understand the format of the modelling software you use it should be able to create the object. 3d modelling software has a high learning curve though - we have entire classes here at the college devoted to it. Its much harder than just drawing something in photoshop or paint.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bayless, is this the badge you are looking for?

Attachments

• 9587370af743b7e1b31ce0d81ec60edd.jpg
    9587370af743b7e1b31ce0d81ec60edd.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 26