• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Unusual Air Filters

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
I just couldn't resist posting this photo - from and Ebay TR3A for sale. Isn't that "chicken wire"? :jester:

funnyaircleaners.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
angelfj said:
I just couldn't resist posting this photo - from and Ebay TR3A for sale. Isn't that "chicken wire"? :jester:

funnyaircleaners.jpg

Yep, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts he doesn't have a problem with chickens gettin' sucked into the venturis!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
<span style="font-size: 11pt">Or rocks!</span> Looks like they've been on there for some time. Hate to see what that engine looks like inside.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Yes. Will the price come down on a group buy??

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
Really, that stuff is called "hardware cloth". No matter though, a chicken still can't get thru it.

PeterK

Yoda
I really like these and just threw out the group buy idea without contacting the maker. But I would "assume" that like many items a group buy of 10 or more would be leverage to get a deal.

So keep posting yea or nay and if there's enough, I'll get in touch with the mfgr.

PeterK

Yoda
Reading between the lines it looks that the CNC is setup to make 4 sets at a time so like-set orders are preferred. PM me if you are interested. I'm not in a rush for mine as the engine is still apart.

Here's his reply:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] First of all, thank you for your interest in our products!
As to a volume discount, that would depend on the order "make up" as the filters that fit on HS6 equipped TR4s are not the same as the filters that fit on H6 equipped TR3s. Some of the later model TR3s also will need to change/reroute the overflow pipes of the H6 carbs in order for the filters to fit properly. The TR4s can utilize the 2.6" filter length while most TR3s will need the 1.6" length due to inner fender issues. So many of these cars have had various modifications over the years it is hard to come up with any iron clad rules as to what will fit what.
All that being said, if you are interested in an order of 4 sets (the discount applies in multiples of 4 - i.e. 4,8,12,16 etc.) I can offer you a 10% discount on a trial order of 4 sets providing they are not TOO different. Also some additional lead time is necessary on such an order - for Triumphs I think something on the order of a "fortnight".
Shipping is another area that would offer a considerable savings if the entire shipment could go to a single US location. Otherwise shipping would be about the same as advertised as we ship at our cost.[/QUOTE]

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
Looks like they are old gas mask filters...

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I would go for it for my TR3A! The air filters are a nice touch.

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I would also like to join a group in getting a pair for my stock 1962 TR-3B with bigger engine (TCF 486L).

Keep me in mind.

Thanks.

Paul

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Am I missing it on the website - do they do a Triumph logo? The Healey logo they did looks good.

Murray

They do a Triumph logo.I bought one 2 months ago and it doesn't fit my TR3A. He forgot to offset and raise the carb openings. The opening for the carb is right in the center. He obviously never put one on a TR3, because it will not fit.

Murray

PeterK

Yoda
That's odd he would have to offset opening. On my 3A, the K&Ns are centered and are 1-3/4" thick. Clearance on the inner fender is about 1/2".

What did he say about the fit problem?

Murray

He just told me to return them. If your filters were centered there would not be any room for the fuel overflow tube.

Murray