• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Unusual Air Filters

PeterK

Yoda
Not yet AFAIK. I don't quite understand Murray's problem with the fit as the overflow tube is behind the plane of the filter base.

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Peter,

Are you going to buy these or the K&N set? I just received my Moss catalog and the K&N 1 3/4" deep is $67.95.

I measeured the air intake hole on my SU carb and it is 1 1/2". I have the original black filters and plan to replace them with a nice looking chrome set. They are approximately 1 3/4 deep.

Am I correct to beleive my SU carbs are 1 1/2" as that is the size of the air intake?

If I go with K&N, I think the correct size would be 1 3/4" deep for a 1 1/2 carb.

I'm ordering my stub stacks today. Braided hoses and clamps should be here in two weeks.

Thanks.

Paul

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Vaark01 said:
Has anyone made a decision on proceeding to buy a set?

Thanks.

Paul

Yeah, what's going on with the "group buy". I'm interested. I have a TR3A, and that needs the offset for the over flow tubes. What kind of price are we looking at here??

Edit: I was going to put back on the original air filters, but I don;t think they are much more effective then what I have one there now. As someone mentioned earlier...it keeps out the leaves and birds... :laugh:

Attachments

• 20232.jpg
    20232.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 195

PeterK

Yoda
He said 10% off when ordering 4 sets of like filters ("like" 4 offset bases I assume.)

I am running K&N 1-3/4" depth NO offset on my 3A. The overflow tubes are attached with a small piece of plastic tubing and I have no interference issues.

I want a set for my 4A with the Triumph book logo engraved.

If we have 4 people, all we have to do is contact him and let him know and he will collect the payment and ship individually (as I understand it). What he needs is to have 4 people to setup the CNC mill to do all 4 at the same time.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Do you know where he is located? I have a vague notion I have met him or spoken to him here in Tucson.

I ask because, although I am not interested in owning a set, I might be able to take a stock TR3A (59) or a TR4 (64 w/Strombergs) to him for a trial fit if the set-up is in question.

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Geo,

Thanks for the offer to help. I am interested in replacing my stock air filters with either K&N or these. I took off my original front filter today and did notice it is offset--and I assume that is for the rubber drain line.

If I am going to spend money, I sure want the new filters to be a simple bolt on.

Paul

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Peter,

I took off my front filter and noticed it is offset to the front of the car to allow room for the rubber drain tube.

If I went with K&N or these, would I have a problem with the drain tube?

Thanks.

Paul