• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ugh!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
As some of you may know, I've been looking for an Austin A35 for some time now.

Not a beauty queen car. More of a "solid project".
(and thanks for the leads I've gotten from some of you)

Anyway, I saw this on ebay today.......I'm left speechless.

08e6_12.JPG

gsalt57tr3

Jedi Warrior
Old cars should be left out of reach of children...

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
OMG...looks like something that might have pestered "Doc Hudson" in the movie "Cars"! But I'd hoped that the hot-rodders had gotten past this sort of thing in the 1960s after having used up all the old Fiat Toppolinos, Anglias and Thames panel vans for gassers and other drag racers.... :frown:

Poor lil sprite didn't deserve that. Looks like they welded jackstands to the rear lid to mount the wing. :nonod:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Welded? Looks like they're Bondo'd on!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Looking under the fender, it looks like three header pipes in there. V6 ??? Oh well. I do like the color.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Buick 231 V6.

Whadda shame.

bugimike

Yoda
The rear bumper (push-bar??) is also something "special", don't you think???!!! :crazyeyes:

Twosheds

Darth Vader
DrEntropy said:
Welded? Looks like they're Bondo'd on!

Looks like they mounted it backwards i.e. leading edge to the rear.

that too.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
EEEEEWWWWW. Ow well. what's done is done. either one of those represents someones idea of "cool" but good luck trying to find another person that shares that idea enough to pay for it.

Country flag
If this was the early 70's, I'd say "Cool, a British Zinger!!" but it's not so now I will take some aspirin and just go to bed!!! LOL :laugh: