• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Trevor????

Country flag
I'm here... still feeling ill ovver the incident, but they are only cars. My family is healthy and secure so I'm keeping it in perspective. I worked out some of the dents in the Midget last night, but I'm still going to need to respray the front (I hope my left over paint is still viable). I stopped working on the Sprite until I can get the garage cleaned up and reorganized. We are having a neighborhood garage sale in a few weeks, and I'm going to price stuff to sell (everything $1).

Country flag
NO, the car parts are staying, but I think I will be selling some of those in the near future.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
I noticed yesterday that the # of jlaird posts had diminished. He said he would be travelling to see his daughter, I hope he's not tweaking too bad, he'll need a fix very soon.
Sorry to hear of the bad news Trevor, best wishes.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Not traveling yet, just lerking, seems very little Yoda guidance is needed, lol.

Nothing new to report from the other day, just waiting on tub to get home.

Country flag
Hey Yoda, are you going to have an upholstery shop do your seats, or are you going to order premade covers and DIY? (I'm trying to think of things for you to do.)

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Doing it my self, just located D clips today.

Jack, Thanks for the inquiry. I do supply the D clips in two sizes. I
believe
the one you need is for the "thicker" range of material to metal edge. Part
No. FS022 - .30ea. or $6.25 for 25 pcs. I take VISA/MC or you can mail a check.
Allow $1.50 for post (25 pcs.) $2.50 for post (50 pcs. ). My mailing address
is a P.O. Box. Go to my web site www.clarkespares.com for info.
I hope this information helps. Regards, Todd Clarke

Well guess I lied, something did happen today.

Country flag
The MGA guy! Almost forgot about him.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yep, any port in a storm. Just counded what came off, will need 50 to do the car.

Ahhh, usual folks want 90 cents each, wooooo.

I'm not really cheep but those bucks can go elsewhere nicely.

Waiting on a generator to arrive then I can clean, paint to match engine, and test fit. Pully and fan already done.

Think I have decided on Bumble Bee high tenson wires, guess Moss is good as any as I don't need much.

Was to surgon this morning for my final check on knee replacement two years ago. She, yep she and I got to hug her says no running, joging, water or snow skeeing. See ya in 10 years, that's about the life span of them.

So dog had me up at 6:30, went to breakfast with the old boys club, a weekly event here, about 10 of us and now off for a nap. Old folks need a nap daily you know. Tony it is time for yours as well, hehe.

Country flag
Country flag
I meant to say they have cloth braided ignition wires if you want something that looks older. They also have the terminals and all sorts of other "neat" stuff.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ben

I think so Ben.

Here is where you send check/order, much better than shipping twice it seems to me.

Clarke Spares & Restorations
PO Box 1501
Doylestown, PA 18901