A follow up. I requested a sample of Pretige Autotrim's wool and synthetic pile carpets in brown. Within a few days they arrived. The color of the synthetic carpet matched the original, the wool was more reddish. The difference in texture and luxuriousness was obvious. The wool is a much shorter and dense pile that looks and feels so much better.
So what to do, should I go with the synthetic and color matching the original at $234, or go with the more expensive wool set at $474?
Well the question was rapidly answered by my wife. Now keep in mind when I buy parts for the car, she usually rolls her eyes at the cost. However, as she was examining the two samples, it was clear to her which way to go. Buy the wool!
So to keep peace in the house, I will spend the extra bucks. Life is good.