Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can anyone on the forum tell me if the surrey top...which
I usually see on a TR4... fit on a TR6? IF it can...do you need to make any modifications to the surrey top? Thanks, Gil
I can tell you that I have seen a surrey top fitted on a TR6. As far as what mods are required, I can't help you there. If you are stuck for an answer, I can find out for you.
Strictly a guess, but I would say no modifications would be needed other than whatever mount points might need to be fitted, including possibly changing the header rail finisher? Hopefully someone will know better; might even be a question for the TR Register Forum (if it hasn't already been addressed there):
Wasn't there a Lee Janssen on here from Colorado who, in addition to building his own turbocharging system, fit a surrey top to his TR6? So I know it can be done. Shawn Loseke knows him so if he doesn't chime in soon, you might send him a PM and ask him about Lee.
The only modification is that you need a to use a tr4 windscreen frame top cover plate. Roadster factory has all the the mounting hardware and seals including the tr4 top plate-------other than the top plate it should mount just like on a tr4
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.