T
TRDejaVu
Guest
Guest
Offline
Getting ready to pull the TR4 transmission to replace the clutch and convert to an OD trans (finally decided). I am thinking about going the lightened flywheel route as well; nothing too extreme as I want it to retain street car driveability.
So, a couple of years back, I obtained a spares job-lot that included what looks like an unused flywheel (no surface marks and perfect starter ring), but it is from a 4A. There is also a diaphragm pressure plate in good condition with minimal wear.
I also have a "lightly used" TR4 pressure plate in excellent condition.
Finally, the questions:
Are the diaphragm clutch issues limited to the 6 cylinder engine application? Are they also due to the later gearbox? My OD box will be from a TR6.
Basically, do I stick with the robust and reliable TR4 setup, or is it safe to go with the 4A setup and make use of that flywheel?
So, a couple of years back, I obtained a spares job-lot that included what looks like an unused flywheel (no surface marks and perfect starter ring), but it is from a 4A. There is also a diaphragm pressure plate in good condition with minimal wear.
I also have a "lightly used" TR4 pressure plate in excellent condition.
Finally, the questions:
Are the diaphragm clutch issues limited to the 6 cylinder engine application? Are they also due to the later gearbox? My OD box will be from a TR6.
Basically, do I stick with the robust and reliable TR4 setup, or is it safe to go with the 4A setup and make use of that flywheel?
Hey Guest!