Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I don't work for TRF, but this week they happen to be offering a big discount - $300 off a $1500 purchase. I think that would put Daytons in the same price range.
If I were buying new wires I'd stay with 60 spoke x 4.5" rims for the road wheels and one 48 spoke x 4" rim wheel for the spare. Go again with 165 x 15 tires on the road wheels and 155 x15 for the spare. Helps to tie a pull belt around the spare.
The car can then be driven aggressively without constantly breaking spokes and the spare can be removed quickly on a dark wet night.
Wider tires are popular, but don't vastly improve roadholding. Sometimes when the car is loaded they rub on a rear fender and may reduce the turning circle.
I just wanted to thank all of you that have contributed to this subject. Great posts. I'll need this info when I finish my car and get a bonus! I love this forum.
I have to say I disagree with that. Not so much because of the width itself, but because going to a more modern size makes available all kinds of higher performance tires.
For example, just looking at Tire Rack, sticking with 165 tires means you are stuck with tires in the lowest "Passenger all-season" performance category, while 205/55 gives you choices in the "Ultra high performance Summer" and "Ultra high performance All-season" performance categories. The difference, in my experience, is quite remarkable. (Unfortunately, the Bridgestone Potenzas that I like have been discontinued.)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.