Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can anybody ID this part? It came with a bunch of TR3 parts I got with the car I'm restoring. At first I was thinking rear fender brace, but that's not it.
Seems like parts lots always come with a few oddball parts mixed in. I've gotten an MGA seat frame, MGB shock links, and bumpers that appear to be for Jaguar of some sort.
Don't recall anything like your picture on TS13571L.
Jim - You may be close. I'll suggest that it may be the bracket that goes under the dash to support the S-T ashtray which became a standard item on all very late TR3As after quite a high Comm. No.
I'll be cleaning up some other black parts so I will clean this one up also, and maybe find a home for it. As for it being part of the ashtray I don't think so. To much road grime on it, looks like something that was exposed to the weather.
I think that was part of the tool kit. It is a combination hammer, prybar and universal bracket. It can also be used as an anger-reducing projectile for when you've skinned your knuckles on the radiator core for the fifth time in 30 minutes...so you don't chuck anything important into any nearby woods, lake, volcano etc.
Maddabe Welcome to the forum. It's an honor to be the one who received your first post. As most would say on this forum, we expext some pictures and a introduction about yourself and what you got. I'll put your idea down as toolkit item.
That is a kinda rare part. It is the piece that goes down under the nose and pulls the nose back to the frame. It is needed mostly on the smallmouth because the nose hits the bumber if it is not pulled back.
Steve
Steve I think you are 100% correct. There is a small bracket on the 7/8" cross tube on the front of the frame, and an area on the apron in the center that fits the part in question. I will confirm this when I put the body on the chassis in a couple weeks. Thanks a ton.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.