Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
These hub caps are really on there! I believe there is a special tool required to remove them without buggering up the caps and/or rims. Does anybody know where I can get one?
<span style="font-size: 11pt">Here's the specs if you want to make your own.
I used a gas welding rig to flatten out the last 3" -3 1/2" so it would fit between the hub cap & the wheel, & also to braze the 2 pc together and lastly to round off the top of the short piece.
I put a dab of silicone seal on the rounded off top piece where it would touch the wheel.
It isn't indicated in the photo but the rounded off tip should extend about 1/2" beyond the last bend in the long piece.
Frank</span>
Let me know if you decide to make up a batch of these tools. I've been looking for one for a while and would also be interested in getting one if you make some up.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.