• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A TR-3B [TCF] Survivors

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can go to find out how many TCF's still exist?

Thanks.

Paul

OP
V

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Thanks Scott.

They have 64 registered. I'll contact them. My guess is there aren't many left from the original 2804 build.

Thanks again.

Paul

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Vaark01 said:
They have 64 registered. I'll contact them. My guess is there aren't many left from the original 2804 build.

I suppose it depends on what number 'aren't many' would be. I would guess there are several hundred but less than a thousand -- but that is just a wild guess.

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Two of my friends in '62-63 had 'B's, both powder blue with blue interiors. Don't remember the vin #'s.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
There's two '3Bs in our club (Long Island Triumph Association). One of them is TCF 2785 L IIRC. He's had the car since it was a year old. It's also black on black.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
mgbmedic said:
I own TCF 1281 L, it's not registered. It has matching numbers.

Do you mean not registered with the state? I found this one registered on the International TR Registry website.

Scott

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Don,

Those were the starting VIN characters of the last of the TR3B's (TCF1-TCF2804). The first ones were TSF1-TSF530.

Scott

mgbmedic

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hey scot, where did u find it registered? I did get a british motor heritage certificate, I suppose that action automatically registered it. I started a restoration on it 2 yrs ago, working on a 58 right now.

Nigel_TVR

Freshman Member
I've had TCF 1907LO for about 26 years. Black with red interior. White side curtains, top and tonneau. Factory hard top, telescoping wheel and overdrive. I did convert to Dayton stainless and chrome wire wheels.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
mgbmedic said:
Hey scot, where did u find it registered? I did get a british motor heritage certificate, I suppose that action automatically registered it. I started a restoration on it 2 yrs ago, working on a 58 right now.

Go to the International Triumph TR Registry link that I posted above. Looks like you registered your car there In February 2011 (I'm assuming this is Robert. :smile:) And you would have had to have done this yourself as it's not related to the BMHIT certificate at all.

Here's a link directly to the entry.

International Triumph TR Registry TCF1281L

Scott