• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR TR-3b TCF

Vaark01

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Does anyone know where I can go to find out how many TR-3B TCF models are left?

Thanks.

Paul

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Good luck!
There are several registries available for owners to sign up on ,but many do not sign up. I know of four TR3B's and I believe only one is registered. It is my son's car. So with those odds it is going to be just a guess as to the total numbers still existing.
Charley

Country flag
I have one of the last 100 TR3Bs built. Its one of the 200 black on black cars built at the end. Its not registered anywhere nor is it restored. It is on my todo list. I've had it for at least 30 years. I'd guess there are around 500 3Bs left

marv

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I have one of the last 100 TR3Bs built. Its one of the 200 black on black cars built at the end. Its not registered anywhere nor is it restored. It is on my todo list. I've had it for at least 30 years. I'd guess there are around 500 3Bs left

marv

Are you saying that the last 200 were black on black?? I have a friend with a black on black TCF that is also one of the last 100 built. He's had the car since it was about a year old. It's restored.

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
My son's car is also one of the last 130 built. It as well WAS black on black. However when I got the car it was silverstone gray and before that it was purple then originally black. Now it is yellow. I would put the figure higher than 500 just because these were the last cars built and therefore are most likely to be around than an earlier car. One of the four that is here in No. California happened to be at a small car show in Eureka. After talking to the owner he had little knowledge of the car but had had it awhile. No idea of what a TR3B was It was unrestored. So out of 3134 TR3B's made 500 cars would be about 16% I would put a figure of more like 30% or about 1000. But then I am likely an optimist. I am guessing that somewhere between the 500 and 1000 figures is the reality.
Charley

Country flag
I read years ago in one of the Triumph books that the last 200 TR3Bs built were all black. There's was also a picture of everyone standing around the the last 3 built, it was also black.

Marv

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I read years ago in one of the Triumph books that the last 200 TR3Bs built were all black. There's was also a picture of everyone standing around the the last 3 built, it was also black.

Marv
Very interesting. Perhaps shades of the grim reaper for the TR3. I wonder if there are build records (or owners) to confirm. Since TCF2804 was the last it would appear to be commission numbers higher than 2604.