Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I just finished installing the steering column, YEA, and was pushing the felt bush into the upper column. I got to wondering if that felt bush should be oil impregnated or lubricated in some way?
Randall where would I find MoS2? I can do powdered graphite, I think I can get that at the local hardware store. I just feel that it needs something. I read that paragraph in the manual but found no other reference to it. That's the reason for my question.
What is "colodial" graphite?
"colloidal" graphite refers to finely powdered graphite mixed with a carrier like alcohol. "Lock Ease" is one common brand name.
Moly is a little harder to find, as it's rather more expensive. Generally, the stores will only have it mixed with graphite (eg MolyKote, Dri-Slide). But here's one source of it in aerosol (colloidal) form: https://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2F138
I also have a stash of it in powder form; remains of a can of spray similar to the CRC product, that dried up long ago.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.