• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Today's weather report...

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
39º this morning, but sunny. TR3 didn't want to start, but always does, eventually. Once warmed up, it loves the cold weather, must be the dense air:

IMG_0959.jpg

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
You lucky man. Wet, salty roads here!

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I love driving in the cold, sans top and curtains, but no more this winter. Roads are covered with salt after the ice storm yesterday, and more snow and freezing rain on the way. Fagin is safely in the shop until spring getting some more "adjustments" to make next year's driving even better.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
15" of snow here and no relief until mid week with warmer temps. Into the 30's, I hope!

I just hooked up my new CTEK charger for my Optima battery. It's 16 degrees outside and tomorrow will be colder with more wind. Wind chills to be near zero all day.

T

Tinster

80* today, sunny, puffy white clouds drifting overhead,
a nice ocean breeze.............

a perfect Truimph driving day.

d

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
mrv8q said:
39º this morning, but sunny. TR3 didn't want to start, but always does, eventually. Once warmed up, it loves the cold weather, must be the dense air:

envy, that looks great! 25 with 2-3 inches fresh snow here so went xc sking and then to waubeek (1 bar, no gas stations, 45 residents) for french cabbage stew. 10 below tomorrow morning with 35 mph winds. that’s ok, i have a bunch of reference material printed out, mainly from this forum, so sit inside with a 3 hole punch and a couple of binders and organize for when it get a little warmer in the shop.
go again tomorrow and post another pict for those of us inside. wind just came up so gotta go clean the new snow off before it gets cold.

T

Tinster

Sail-

I forget - old age setting in I'm afraid.

Is Iowa a souther provence of Canada or was it
ceded to America during some past war or something?
I've worked in 46 states but never came across Iowa.
Is it near Nebraska? I was in Nebraska twice.

Does Iowa have things like cities? indoor pumbing? Phones?
Asphalt streets, schools with more than one classroom? etc.

AH Ha!! Now I remenber- Your grow corn!!
Gazillions of ton of corn. And yer womenfolk have creamy
white skin and tons of freckles.

Merry Christmas Sail!! Be safe, keep warm.

dale

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Just great! I just saw the weather and we're getting 4-6 inches more AND rain in between, so it will be impossible to shovel.

But it will be in the 50's by the end of the week.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
I got 8" of sun on my back deck. Paul....you got it way worse then we did. Tomorrow should be even more fun with snow, ice and rain. In my 61 years of living in snow country I had a first last night while snow blowing the driveway......Thunder and a bolt of lightning that made me jump..........and it was still snowing like crazy.

Snow.jpg

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I wish that is all I had. I just shoveled mine early this afternoon and will have to try to clear it again before the rain packs it down. I have another 1-2 inches from this morning out there over the past six hours.

19_again

Jedi Warrior
New Hampshire. 10 inches overnight last night, 8-12 more tomorrow during the day, followed by teens and 40-50 mph wind. And we don't leave for Florida til end of january, but at least we have power, some still without with no date for power back.

Attachments

• 14642.jpg
    14642.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 305

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Hey - great picks guys.

Kevin - good to see you working the TR3!

I've actually noticed that the cars feel stronger when is it cool (notice I didn't say <span style="font-weight: bold">cold</span> guys....) as well.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
19_again said:
New Hampshire. 10 inches overnight last night, 8-12 more tomorrow during the day, followed by teens and 40-50 mph wind. And we don't leave for Florida til end of january, but at least we have power, some still without with no date for power back.

You need to crank up that hot tub ASAP.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
tdskip said:
I've actually noticed that the cars feel stronger when is it cool (notice I didn't say <span style="font-weight: bold">cold</span> guys....) as well.
Yup. Rough rule of thumb is 1% more power for each 10 degree F drop in intake air temp.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
This is all I have to say about this thread. And 4" on the ground this morning and a bunch dropping right now

DSCF4019.jpg

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Someone get Al Gore on the line.......

Oops, never mind, it's snowing down south too.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
19_again said:

Now there looks to be a happy camper. If you don't move it ought to be over your knees.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
-8F this morning. High today of 6 and low tonight of -20F., thankfully no wind. Need to hear from the folks in Wisconsin, their weather always makes me feel better about living on the plains.