Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
That was mine. I painted the motor housing with black hammered paint - looks dark gray. The steel top of the gearbox had just a little plating left. I sanded it off leaving a slightly brushed finish, then hit it with some oil and fine steel-wool. I guess for a completely "original" resto you would use black crinkle paint and get the top re-plated.
The gearbox itself, has too many nook and crannies to brush or polish. I soaked it in Oil Eater (similar to purple power) overnight and it came out a nice uniform dull gray.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.