• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thought of the Day

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
thumb_therapist-your-wife-says-you-never-buy-her-flowers-is-59684602.png

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I have 18 to set, 4 cars, 14 in house, 5 are automatic.

Country flag
You know, my car says it's on eastern time and changing to standard from daylight savings, but it doesn't. Decided in 19 when I first got it to just let it go since it insisted it was set correctly.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have one of them there fancy aftermarket radios in my Dakota.
I can't believe what you have to do to change the time.
Guess I'll have to look it up on the internet (again).

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I have one of them there fancy aftermarket radios in my Dakota.
I can't believe what you have to do to change the time.
Guess I'll have to look it up on the internet (again).

Not a radio, but there's a 37 minute video on setting up my Suunto Core o_O

suunto.jpg

Country flag
My clock is part of the touchscreen apps. Even the dealer couldn't get it to say it was eastern standard and actually change the time display. Seems it runs off of some sort of satellite signal that tells the car where it thinks it is. So the display says eastern time zone but seems to think it's in one of the areas that doesn't change. Not really that big a deal, but would be nice if the tech worked.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
So the display says eastern time zone but seems to think it's in one of the areas that doesn't change. Not really that big a deal, but would be nice if the tech worked.

A minor consequence of allowing Skynet to make decisions on its own. :oops:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We had an Olds for several years. Evil thing had 2 clocks and I never was able to set either one without the owner's manual. The Saab has a generic button/knob for setting everything. Just push and turn a couple of clicks and the clock sets itself from radio signals. Sweet! The clock on my Explorer hasn't lit up for years so I don't have to worry about it.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I stop the pendulum from swinging in the Junghams regulator in the living room for an hour, my smart phone does it itself, I set my alarm clock and my Astronaut back an hour, the rest are easy because they are mechanical, the jeep just has a cheap quartz clock stuck on the dash so that one is easy.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
My clock is part of the touchscreen apps. Even the dealer couldn't get it to say it was eastern standard and actually change the time display. Seems it runs off of some sort of satellite signal that tells the car where it thinks it is. So the display says eastern time zone but seems to think it's in one of the areas that doesn't change. Not really that big a deal, but would be nice if the tech worked.
Change the time on the car HAL :D

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I went to change the mantle clock and noticed the battery had died some time ago. I took the battery out and now the clock is accurate twice a day.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I think Siri reset the time on my phone and I didn't even have to ask her to.