• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thought of the day-Innovative car repairs

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Mexican invades.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
1678154854004.png

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Oh, yeah, have seen that. Came in wanting his computer revamped. Left still wanting it revamped.

Country flag
Unfortunately, Bud being a dog all he could see was grey wires with grey stripes. From that lesson they learned not to send in German Shepards to defuse paint filled bombs....

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Good dog!

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Don't know if I saw this before though it looks like it has been around a while. The welded brake disk that started this reminds me of a story. My oldest son had an old $800 dollar Scirocco. One day I had been teaching the kids about cars and had him and his friend help with a front brake job. That night I got a call, the Scirocco was not far from home, and the front wheel had come off.

Apparently I wasn't a very good teacher, as I hadn't made sure they double checked the torque on the front wheels. Anyway I went out to help. The tire was Ok, one of the lug bolts bent or missing. The car had slid on the brake disk and ground it flat, not a huge amount of missing material, but much more than a scuff to the bottom of the disk.

As I mentioned this was a very cheap car on its last legs, and I didn't want to sink anymore money in it than I had to. My thoughts were the brakes would still be functional, but the rotor would be out of balance. I took my trusty Harbor Freight grinder and ground off an eyeballed equivalent section on the opposite side of the disk and called it good. It worked fine for the short life of the car after

Last edited:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
A friend of mine owned a Corvette body shop. His daughter turned 16 andbhe gave her a small Ford, wrecked it. She wanted a Vette, he said no until she could drive without wrecking. He got her a small chevy, and she screwed up the brakes.I watched him take of the rotors and grind them smooth with a grinder then put them on a balancer and ground them until they were close. Put them back on the car and made her drive it. Before she coud prove she was worthy, he sold the shop and all his vettes.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
True story. The first dog we had when we were married was a very nice, Fawn and White female Boxer named Sadie. I had an old Army surplus gas mask that was rubber with glass eye holes and a screw-on metal canister. I used to tease Sadie by putting that mask on and making noises at her.

One day, wife and I went to a movie. When we came back, we found that Sadie had found the gas mask - there was nothing left of it but the glass eye pieces and the metal canister. Ever bit of the rubber mask was - in her.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Bet you never teased a dog since?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Sending this to my sister - she shows Boxers on the national level.
OT for the thread but I love these commercials. Not all amazing but fun

the rest are here