• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Odyssey

OP
A

AngusSaunders

Freshman Member
I haven't given up. I got the front inner body back from the sandblaster primed it and positioned it on the frame. Now its just a matter of welding on the door pillars in the correct place and setting up the door gaps so I can weld the inner body to the frame. Spent a lot of time repalcing rusted tin but I'm hoping things start to move a little faster now.

primed.JPG

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Ok here goes , British to US conversion all this from an ex Brit .
Boot= Trunk
Bonnet = Hood
Spanner = Wrench
Olive = compression fitting
Pozidrive = Impossible to find on this side of the pond and a PITA ,replace with Allen key set screws .
Birmingham Screwdriver = BFH , Used in conjunction with Impact screwdriver to remove Pozidrive screws .
Gas axe = Heat to remove Pozidrive screws that refuse to be removed with Impact Screwdriver and BFH .
Wings = Fenders
Rev counter= Tachometer .
Aluminium = Aluminum
Speedometer = Speedo ....not to be confused with small European male swimwear .
Gearbox = Transmission .
Grease Nipple = Zerk ......Still sounds like something from Star Trek maybe distant relatives of the Klingons
I'm sure Ive got more to add but brain is fried right now .
Enjoy .

Last edited: