• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Darned Cat!

jjbunn

Jedi Knight
What's a good way of discouraging a cat from sleeping on the soft top of a TR6? :cryin:

Have the garden hose ready and spray at the cat if it's on the car and you don't mind the car getting slightly wet. They will usually get the hint.

TAZER ??? Are those sold to the public or do you have a freind on the force?

It is a cat. They do as they please.

Actually, placing anything on the top that will deprive the cat a place to lay down will work. Also, I am told, they hate aluminum foil.

Hey Julian,..I've had pretty good luck putting strips of duct tape, sticky side up all over the hood, trunk, and top. Only takes a couple of times before they understand it's gonna be unpleasant to get up there.
Doesn't do any lasting damage to the pussycat, which keeps "lovely, darling" wife from going ballistic.
Good luck Bob

TR6oldtimer said:
It is a cat. They do as they please.

That sounds about right. My family owned cats all the time when I was a kid. Our experience was that we could never really train a cat not to do something, the best we could do was train the cat not do it while your around. :smile:

teach him to drive'

cat-driving-funny-cat.jpg

Great answers! :laugh:

A PRACTICAL answer is to take SMALL <- emphasis on SMALL -mouse traps and put index cards or playing cards on the arms and on the bases. When kitty hops up on the top....snap, snap, snap and scared kitty runs. Plus you have an alarm system to notify you. This also works for counter tops and other surfaces where kitty is not to go. It won't hurt the cat, mainly scare it. I have used this with my cats and my small dog who thinks it's cute to lie on the kitchen table! Darn dog thinks he's an honorary cat!! LoL

Put the top down!

My (our) big ol' fat cat goes for the bonnet. He's left his marks. My understanding wife made a bonnet cover out of a wool blanket that has a pocket across the top that I can slip onto the open bonnet and then lower, but not lock it.
I don't mind if he lays his fat butt on the tonneau and the boot has a luggage rack that he finds uncomfortable apparently. Wife says "he's just a baby". Huumph.

Finding a way that makes it difficult and uncomfortable usually does the trick. Unfortunately, it seems that all cats are a little different.

TR6oldtimer said:
Also, I am told, they hate aluminum foil.

Funny, ours loves the stuff, especially if its rolled up into a ball. He'll play with it for hours. Lay a sheet on the floor and he goes nuts playing with it.

Ours will stick his face into a burning candle. Burns his eyebrow whiskers right off. Never even flinches. Swung his tail into a candle flame one time and singed the tip of his tail. I smelled the burning hair and looked over at him just sitting there, with his tail smoking, looking back at me. No reaction that time either. Most things don't bother him, if you try and scare him he usually attacks instead of running away. If you succeed at scaring him, he gets even later. Since we have lots of Raccoon's and Foxes in our neighborhood, and the occasional Coyote. We have decided that the cat will stay inside all the time and we will have the cat de-clawed to save furniture and our shins. I keep him out of the garage as well to keep him away from my cars.

Are you sure it is a cat? :laugh:

(Instant cure) 22 guage. But I don't mean foil or sheet metal.......

And nooooo, I don't really mean that!!!

much...

TR6oldtimer said:
Are you sure it is a cat? :laugh:

Technically he is a kitten, barely 7 months old. Though alien could be a close second. He's HUGE for seven months old. :crazy: