• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The auctioned Walther

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Something tells me the GIs were happier carrying a 1911 than be literally caught dead with a PPK

yep. The SS were particularly prone to be judge, jury and executioner in that circumstance. Hence the gun toss competition. And there were some GI's about as brutal after word spread of the Abbey massacre in '44. War. Nasty business.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Having a 7.65 as a military weapon just doesn't compute. I still want a PPK though.

Suncoaster

Country flag
Speaking of mouse guns - I recall reading a comment made years ago by Col. Jeff Cooper which went something like, "If someone shot me with a .25 auto, and I found out about it..."

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Speaking of mouse guns - I recall reading a comment made years ago by Col. Jeff Cooper which went something like, "If someone shot me with a .25 auto, and I found out about it..."
Funny, I’ve got an old “Baby Browning” Spanish arms “looking glass” .25 ACP auto that fits in the palm of my hand. My pop came back from the war with it. He said the reason it held so many rounds was so it would have more heft when you threw it.:thirsty: