• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The auctioned Walther

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I was able to carry a ppk for a few months of combat operations in 2004. People seeing it would ask a million questions, mostly because they were all marines and, well, marines are curious. I can 100% say without a doubt, it was the most worthless gun I've ever shot and horribly inaccurate!!! You'd have a better chance of hitting someone by throwing the physical gun at them than but using the tiny sights and squeezing the trigger to a surprise break.

I'll take a WAG on that sidearm and say it was likely one of the Houlton S&W PPK-S .380's. The German made .32 is a mouse gun and hardly a good choice for combat. The German made .380 PPK-S imported by Interarms is a well made, precision piece but again not suitable for combat environs. Although that version and its U.S. made Interarms iteration (though not as well crafted) are not bad for personal protection carry.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yep, .380. I have no doubt it's fantastic for personal protection... if you pull it out while being mugged the attacker will die of laughter, so yes, it is guaranteed to kill him. Fact. Safest place he could stand would be behind the bullseye on a target.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Yep, .380. I have no doubt it's fantastic for personal protection... if you pull it out while being mugged the attacker will die of laughter, so yes, it is guaranteed to kill him. Fact. Safest place he could stand would be behind the bullseye on a target.

:lol:

One of Herself's targets from a few years back, her Interarms PPK-S .380:

target2.JPG

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

What do you like for concealed carry and choose one: 9,10,40 or 45. (Just want to keep this thread going on forever)

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
9mm. Just me though. Sometimes I carry a .45 instead. One things for sure, If I was planning on upsetting DrEntropys wife, I'd do it outside of effective pistol range😁

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
9mm. Just me though. Sometimes I carry a .45 instead. One things for sure, If I was planning on upsetting DrEntropys wife, I'd do it outside of effective pistol range

:lol:

I've had Range Masters tell me the same thing. :wink:

A couple years ago we attended a Walther enthusiasts "Greet-n-Shoot" in Port St. Lucie. One of the guys had a P-5, asked her if she'd like to fire it. Of course she did. When she picked it up, inserted th' mag and SNAPPED a round to battery, he looked at me and said: "Wow! She did that with authority!" After she'd emptied the magazine in under ten seconds and the target was brought back in, he just stared at the grouping and back at her, shaking his head. She's wanted a P-5 ever since. I got her a SIG P238 to try and keep her mind off it. :smirk:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I see we are posting our Germans on here. Here is my only contribution, a model 1906 Luger in .30 Luger.
Luger 1.jpg

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Imagine wearing $5.4 Million on your wrist!

A Man has An Accident With His New Ferrari. ..

Policemen Arrives….

Man:- (Cries) Officer! My Brand New Car!

Police Replies:- You’re So materialistic. You Even Haven’t Noticed That Your Left Arm Has Been Cut Off.

(Man Looks At His Left Arm And Yells) :

OMG ! My Rolex Watch..!

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
In the early 70's I bought my wife an 18k gold case Rolex in the Navy Exchange in Yokosuka, Japan. I could afford it on a LT's pay. How prices have changed!

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sometime in late '76 I put a bid of $35 on a Rolex being auctioned by local PBS station WQED, in Pittsburgh. Months later get a call saying I'd won it. Like an idiot, with some personal upheaval going on in my life I didn't go to claim it...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I bought a Rolex in Shanghai for $25.00. Gorgeous.
Lasted one year to the day. Now I have a Breitling. Same cost.

I have a Hong Kong Faulex and a Tijuana one - same price.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I like the mechanical chrono watches. But wearing one daily has stopped. Now a responsibility reserved for occasional events. The daily wear has come down to choice between a couple "Swiss Army" quartz and a Citizen chrono WR-100.

Had to rummage thru some old pics, my dad's P-38 and a flag he 'liberated'. The P-38 was stolen long ago, I have the flag in storage. Took this in about 1967.

p-38_1004small.jpg

Last edited:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My grandma had an entire roll of swastikas in a chest that her dad had gotten after having taken a flag factory.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My old man told us when they came across Nazi officers carrying the .32 PPK, the GI's would relieve them of the mouse guns and have a throwing contest with 'em. I imagine there are more than a few rusting away in western France and eastern Germany as a result. I always thought it a shame.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My old man told us when they came across Nazi officers carrying the .32 PPK, the GI's would relieve them of the mouse guns and have a throwing contest with 'em. I imagine there are more than a few rusting away in western France and eastern Germany as a result. I always thought it a shame.

Something tells me the GIs were happier carrying a 1911 than be literally caught dead with a PPK