• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thanks Tire Buyers!

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Thanks to all you folks who have purchased tires from Tire Rack via our linke here.

Well, it took a while, but the other day I received my very first check from our affiliate "Tire Rack." As you may know (or in case you didn't), if you click on any of the small banner links that show up on the upper right-part of the header (Tire Rack, British Tools, Caswell) and make a purchase online after getting there from my link, I get a small percentage of any sales. I finally built up enough credits to have Tire Rack send me a check. While it wasn't a huge check, it was enough to pay for one months lease on the server!

Thanks again guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
My snows are on the way. Which is a good thing, as so is more snow, and the Yokohama summer tires I have on there now aren't worth squat on the slippery stuff!
Jeff

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
I bought 4 Yokohama Avid T4's a few months ago for my TR6 from Tire Rack. Great prices and great service to BOOT.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
Same here on Yokohamas. I phoned the order in but the salesman said he could assign credit to BCF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I didn't know they could do that. Good to hear!

Basil

MattP

Jedi Knight
I had just bought a set for the 'scort just before the affiation started, but I am getting about to time for some new ones. I already use Tire Rack and will make sure to click the banner first this time.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
I had just bought a set for the 'scort just before the affiation started, but I am getting about to time for some new ones. I already use Tire Rack and will make sure to click the banner first this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Matt!

ChrisS

Jedi Knight
Basil,
The Tire Rack link isn't working, it gives a message about refusing the connection. I'm looking for tires for the truck and thought I'd get you a kick back.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
Basil,
The Tire Rack link isn't working, it gives a message about refusing the connection. I'm looking for tires for the truck and thought I'd get you a kick back.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's odd. Seems to be working for me. Can you PM me with exactly what the error says? (and who is your ISP?)

Basil

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I had no trouble with the link. Adelphia.net is my ISP.

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Tried going to Tire Rack for some 165R15s, but they don't seem to have any. Am I missing something, or don't they carry tires for LBCs?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
165R15s

[/ QUOTE ]

On what LBC are you putting that tire?

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Tire Rack sells a Kumho Powerstar 758 for $30.00. The tire size is 165/80/15.

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Too late now. They should change the program so it comes up when you try to find a 165SR15. I would have bought from them to support Basil.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
Too late now. They should change the program so it comes up when you try to find a 165SR15. I would have bought from them to support Basil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the thought! For what its worth, I think at least one person actually called them, then ordered what he wanted and asked that Britishcarforum.com get credit. So for other folks in the future, if you can't find what you want directly from their website after clicking our banner, try calling them and if you order you can explain that you tried to order via the banner link but could not find what you wanted, but tell them you want britishcarforum.com to get credit for the sale.

Cheers,
Basil