Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I got my 12 prop shaft bolts and 12 Cleveloc all-metal locking nuts in for my diff today. OUCH! 40+ bucks! If you want to dance, ya gotta pay the band.
Bill........at that price you've got the correct bolts in there! How did those Cleveloc nuts go on compared to nyloc? Were they harder to get on or about the same? I'm thinking of going that route when I install my new CVJs.
Don.... I'm sure they are of better quality. My whole point in this thread is that way too many people replace very critical bolts with Grade 8 when they should be using "close tolerance" or "precision ground" bolts.
Bobby- No pro blemo man.
You know, I should practice what I preach. When I redid my shafts I hadn't discovered this place yet. I know I just got stinkin ordinary grade 8's in there.
Probably not even the right shouldered ones.
The Cleveloc nut is an all-metal locking nut that requires more torque to seat, not that that matters - you are wrenching them on anyway. But you know and feel the difference. Never was a fan of Nyloc nuts in a high stress application. Technically, Clevelocs are reusable. I always replace them when I take them down though. A little red Loctite won't hurt either.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.