• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 So Ray Magliozzi Owned a TR250! Who wodda thought

RobT

Jedi Warrior
I was wasting a perfectly good hour this Saturday listening to Car Talk on NPR (actually was dropping the oil on the Mini at the time) when Ray told the story of loosing a wheel on the TR250 he used to own (a "great little sports car" - his words). Was a front wheel - he forgot to tighten the wheel nuts. Shower of sparks as he drives on the highway with 3 rubber wheels and one steel on the road. Puls into a gas station and says "fill 'er up and check the oil.

He owned it for another 5 years. Knew these guys had good taste in cars (although Ray also used to own a Dodge Dart!)

August 8 show - you can download as a pod-cast for those intrested.

Rob.

charlie74

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
that's cool, i have toyed with the idea of calling in with some sort of issue with my '6. it would be interesting to hear their reaction and see if they would be of any help. probably would be helpful hearing this.
cheers

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
One of them has a TD too, ISTR. And maybe a Fiat.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I heard that story. I listen to them every Saturday morning. I like their sense of humor, although one of them (I forget which on) seems to laugh a bit too much at the jokes. All in all, they are very entertaining and sometimes even comes up with answers to people's problems. They don't put forth their advice as seriously as Ron Ananian "The Car Doctor" does...which is fine with me. We all need more jocularity. :laugh:

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
I used to listen to them years ago, but grew weary of all the self adulation and callers who wanted to record themselves on the radio! I would prefer an auto related show with good practical (click and clack provide very little) advice and less moronic humor! :wink:

V

vagt6

I heard that show on Saturday. I have a two hour drive most Saturdays and that show saves me from total boredom on I-81.

Interesting, the people who drove and loved Triumphs. And, the TR-250 is certainly one of the greats.

Although the show is not heavily tech-oriented, it is entertaining. I love it.

Now, I want a TR-250 . . . :lol:

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Car talk is part of our Saturday morning ritual, especially if our boys are with us -- we cook a huge breakfast and listen to it while cooking/eating. Not only do I love the humor, their accents make me feel like I'm back home in New England!

Oddly, we missed this past weekend's show -- I would have loved to have heard the TR250 comment. I've also thought about calling in with some non-existent issue, just to hear the reaction!

Don't drive like my brothah!