• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So, Basil, what happened?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I thought it was my compy... Phew!

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Basil, what happened?

Basil, what happened?

Basil, what happened? ----I thought it was mey computer :

Until I got the 404-- :madder:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
BCF went down for me sometime around 6pm EST, then came back up. Then went down again some time after 10pm.

The home page was live, but in the first outage, all the links from the home page (classified, wiki, etc.) worked except the Forum link, which was "dead" - no reaction. Second outage, any link from the home page resulted in an unusual yellow colored 404 error "page not found" page.

The main BCF hosting server seemed to remain active, with no outage - ping and traceroute worked as normal.

Would be useful to find out why first only the Forum went down, then after service was restored, most of the site went down, twice in one day with no announcement.

Tom

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I think it might have been that errant balloon that crossed the mountain and crashed into "the host computer" which then caused the boss to get a tad torqued, which then caused him to act out, which then caused him to kick the 'puter, which then... Well I think you all have it and now you know why!

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

On the final failure prior to computer shutdown last night, no pages worked. I read the suffix on the url, my guess is some kind of DDOS attack or some script eating bandwidth, but that's just a guess.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Amazing how dependent we choose to be on these infernal machines!

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I kept looking at the blank page, finally said thread it, shut it off and did something else.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
We have much to thank our feerless leader for. :bow: :bow: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
elrey said:
We have much to thank our feerless leader for. :bow: :bow: :banana: :banana: :banana:

WHAT!!! He ain't said a word CUZ he prolly didn't pay the bill ???

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Now, now Keoke don't get your knickers in a twist. I am sure the boss will explain it.

:jester:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
judow said:
Now, now Keoke don't get your knickers in a twist. I am sure the boss will explain it.

Unless it happened during this....

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
judow said:

------OH SURE!!!---------Keoke-- :lol:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I gotta say it was the prettiest 404 I've ever seen. :jester:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
38D's work for me doc :devilgrin: