• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sightings

Bret

Yoda
I was sitting in my living room yesterday drinking a cold beer trying to relax & catch up on world events. When I heard this terrible ruckus from the street - that sounded kind of like a cat stuck in a fan belt, followed by a lot a backfiring. But then it got quit again and I didn’t give it another thought. But about a half hour or so I hear more gut-wrenching noises and backfires but this time they sounded right in front of the house. At first I thought it was some old POS VW Bug. But when I walked out front I discovered that the noise was actually from very haggard looking old Porsche. Looked likt a 911 but upon closer inspection it turned out to be 912. The ugly red headed stepchild of the 911 world.

Walked up the guy working on the tired looking car to offer some assistance. But about the same time his girlfriend arrived (in a new bug of all things) with a gas can. Not sure what he did to fix it but he managed to get the thing running just as I waked up. He commented that he’d just picked the car up after sitting in a garage for the last 12 years. I think he bypassed the clogged fuel filter and added some fresh gas.

Now personally I rather like the 912s sure they ain't as powerful as their brethren but I always wanted to check one out some day. Seemed like the poor mans 911, and IMHO a darn sight better looking than 914s.

Anyway it was just interesting to see that even LGC (Little German Cars) have some of the same fun we LBC lovers do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I don't doubt it for a minute......I know of guys with 2002 and 3-series Beemers who have a blast wrenching on the toys. I rather like the 912.....not as hard-edged as the 911 but the same looks with less cost.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I've always been a fan of red heads, and such cars like the 912. Very good looking car, and a sight cheaper than the 911.