• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Demonic sightings

Bret

Yoda
Not impressed in the least – but I find it interesting that they chose to use the old Demon name.

Dodge Demon Concept

See this what you get when you leave a Charger alone with a Miata.

R6MGS

Yoda
ohhh those sneaky chargers!

I don't really like it, but it isn't that bad...Gotta give Dodge some credit for thinking about the affordable roadster segment. It looks kinda like a Quattro from the back. I don't think I'll ever imagine a sporty roadster when I think Dodge Demon though.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I like it as much as the new offering from Pontiac/Saturn - maybe a bit more...can you say "HEMI"?

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
I like the old Demons better, especially my cousin Joe's...it sure does live up to its namesake, to say the least. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Hmmm... Nice concept (small sports car), but the styling somehow looks wrong to me, it looks like big car styling only in a small package it just doesn't work...

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
Sherlock said:
Hmmm... Nice concept (small sports car), but the styling somehow looks wrong to me, it looks like big car styling only in a small package it just doesn't work...

They've been doing way too much of that lately. Take the Caliber, for example. Let's put a fullsize truck grille on a subcompact! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
But at least the GT is true to original concept, a small, fun two-seater. It's not just a name recycle.

Here’s my bro’s GT with three new ones. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
newandold.jpg

PC.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The pictures look interesting, I'll be curious to see what it might look like in person. Biggest interest comes in the rumored price point of $15k. At that point it becomes interesting. If it creeps up into Miata/Solstice money, it gets less so.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Looks like the unholy offspring of a three-way between a current Dodge Charger, Honda S2000 and a Saturn Sky.

Ugly, IMHO.

And Dodge (DaimlerChrysler) doesn't have the money to throw at small niche products right now. They need profitable mass-market vehicles. This would sell at or below the level of the Chrysler Crossfire.

swift6

Yoda
sammyb said:
And Dodge (DaimlerChrysler) doesn't have the money to throw at small niche products right now. They need profitable mass-market vehicles. This would sell at or below the level of the Chrysler Crossfire.

No kidding, they just announced some major layoff/cost reduction plan this morning. Knew it was coming but I guess it was more extensive than expected.

bugimike

Yoda
I wish Daimler-Chrysler would lose that G-awful grill design they are applying to everything!!! The only thing it looks good on is their truck line!!!

R6MGS

Yoda
bugimike said:
I wish Daimler-Chrysler would lose that G-awful grill design they are applying to everything!!! The only thing it looks good on is their truck line!!!

Agreed!

swift6

Yoda
That may be happening in a fashion. Read an article yesterday that discussed the possibility of Daimler Unloading Chrysler. Then it would just be Chrysler that would need to loose the corporate grill if they can survive alone.

RomanH

Jedi Knight
I've just read that General Motors may be looking to buy Chrysler!
BTW that grill looks just as ugly on the trucks.