• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Scrabble anyone?

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
1642199671483.png

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
First time I saw German for "combustion chamber" I thought it was a joke.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I meant what is it on German?
Es ist ein kleiner Bereich über einem Kolben, der Gas und Luft enthält, die komprimiert und dann durch einen Funken entzündet wird.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You just knew all those hours of high school German would come in handy
some day.

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Years ago i had a book of fake German poems. Little boy blue und toootin'das horn,
The mildhers and sheepers been nibbli=n der corn.
Vere ist das duncerhead? Flirtin und kissin
Besiden der haystack flirtin' und kissin'.

As a part of a glossary, the author made demonstrated how German words were combined"
A dog = barken panten sniffer
Dog catcher = barken, panted sniffer snatcher
Dag catcher's truck = barken panten sniffer snatcher wagon
Dog catcher's truck repair mechanic = barken panten sniffer snatcher wagon mechanicer worker
Said mechanics union = barken panten sniffer snatcher wagon mechanicer worker und gefeatherbedded group

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The satirical butchery of the German language Trevor posted called to mind a silliness we perpetrated on a client we'd come to know over years of doing work on his odd "fleet" of cars. He'd found a Mercedes 380-SL he'd just bought for his wife, who was recovering from cancer surgery, as a "pick-me-up." He brought it to us to check over and service. It was gold with the chrome "eyebrows" on the wheel arches, we joked with him about it being a bit to "flash" for her.

Before I closed the hood, I lettered a piece of duct tape with:

¡ACHTUNG!
SCHTUPPEN DER DIGITS IN DER VERKS MIT
DER MOTORKLANKEN IST VERBOTEN!

Put it on the fan shroud, forgot about it until a month or so later when he called, laughing hysterically over it. He'd decided to check the oil level. Said it was the best laugh he'd had in months.