Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I rebuilt one myself out of junk parts from 3 different boxes. Its a very simple transmission and as long as assembly is correct the only bad outcome you should expect is a noisy box. That's what mine is but I'm sure its only because once gears are worn in they don't like to be changed. I know the clearances are correct and the bearing's are new but driving across a shopping center parking lot in low is a little embarassing. Noisier than most.
Thanks for the replies...I just saw this in their catalog and didn't realize they sold ribcase transmissions. I don't need one since I have plenty of good ones including my 5 speed.
Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.