• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Remember these words?

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
1614196837777.png

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I use many of those in conversation, and hear them in conversations too. Although I do prefer the statement heard on an episode of "Escape to the Country"...'my gast is flabbered', I must say I am a bit flabbergasted that these may be considered passรฉ or outdated.

Last edited:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I use more of these words than I care to admit, so I donโ€™t admit it ;)

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
From an Episode of Frasier (My Favorite show): (In this episode two radio shock jocks, Carlos and the Chicken, were making prank calls to Frasier while they were on air.

At Cafe Nervosa:
Frasier to his Producer (Roz): "I'm going over there and tell them I'm not putting up with any more of their shenanigans!

Roz: "Oh PLEASE, God, don't say shenanigans!"

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I get looked at funny because of my choice of words. I use howdy all the time with Peachy, Keen and Dandy rounding out the top 4. Some good stuff on that list I can add to my repitworee!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I get looked at funny because of my choice of words. I use howdy all the time with Peachy, Keen and Dandy rounding out the top 4. Some good stuff on that list I can add to my repitworee!
Yesterday's teens when they liked something: That's really neato!
Today's teens: That's sick!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yesterday's teens when they liked something: That's really neato!
Today's teens: That's sick!
Yeah another one of my favs.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
How about โ€œDynamiteโ€.
โ€œThat new restaurant is dynamiteโ€

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
A lot of that list are words my Mother used sometimes and it looks like a lot are British type words. I do use some of them even now.

David

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
I have been called several other names on the list. I need to have a chalkboard in the shop so I can keep count as my memory can get a bit Befuddled.

David

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
.... I use howdy all the time with Peachy, Keen and Dandy rounding out the top 4. Some good stuff on that list I can add to my repitworee!
Ooh, dandy, I'll have to add that one to the rotation. I usually alternate between peachy, keen and swell.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
If anyone has young children, this reminds me of a wonderful book by Eric Carle, titled "The Nonsense Show". At the end, the book has a bunch of these words - my favorites are Poppycock and Balderdash.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Ooh, dandy, I'll have to add that one to the rotation. I usually alternate between peachy, keen and swell.
Swell! Of course. I use that a lot too. and I forgot "Groovy" that's another fan favorite to throw out there. Before my time but I like it.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
When I was a kin my Dad used a word that I never new if he just made up or if it had been around in his youth. The word was boomdebosity, which basically means a large posterior

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Dagnabit, did anyone else notice that kerfuffle was listed twice?
As is "Rigmarole". But I've always heard it as: "rigamarole". An extra syllable. Several others on the list are a bit differently spelled than I've heard them pronounced, too.

And I've even used a few of 'em in posts here. Guess that makes me an Ancient, huh? ๐Ÿค”