Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I bought my kit from chevys of the 40s about 3 or 4 years ago. I have not found a kit for your TR6 yet. But I will keep looking. Remember I rebuilt a Chevy guage so dont jump off the cliff unless one of the senior members says its a good idea!
I had Morris at West Valley Auto Electronics in Reseda CA rebuild both my speedo and tach. One of the first things Morris asked me to do was to measure the tip of the cable as many of the "new" cables have too long a tip that protrudes too far into the speedo/tach and can cause all sorts of problems and damage. If any shop takes your speedo/tach in for repair and doesn't ask about your cable, I'd move on to the next shop and keep going until I find one that is concerned about the cable. Otherwise you could spend $100 - $200 for repair and have your cable undo the repair work. You'll also have to follow some specific steps with measuring your existing speedo before sending it in. I documented how to do the measurement and what the cable tip measurements should be. You also have to specify if you want just the speed calibrated or the speed and odometer calibrated. The last point is that most of these places do repair work versus cosmetic restoration. If you're looking to have the gauge face restored to like new condition make sure you ask if they preform that type of work.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.