• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

rearended !!!!!!!!

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Well with just over 1000 miles on the odometer, one fun run at 100 mph some stupid @#$#@$%$%%^% rearends me! Thank goodness no body hurt but I am going to cry!
The stupid @#$%^%%$# that hit me has ins. He was looking at the guy behind him and did not see me until after the crunch at about 15 mph!
The frame is ok but i think the whole back end from the doors back is wasted.
IMG_1385.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1398.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg
Dan

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
What a nightmare Dan.....it is what insurance is for and looks very fixable, really glad everyone is ok.

terriphill

Darth Vader
Oh! OW! We are so sorry and I'm sure everybody who reads this feels the same knot in the pit of their stomach.
Thank Goodness there is no bodily harm...but the psyche will take longer to heal.
Here is hoping insurance does what's right.

PATR8

Jedi Knight
What was the other guy driving. I hope the Insurance is good to you

PATR8

Jedi Knight
What was the other guy driving? I hope the Insurance is good to you

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It hurts just looking at it....sorry. Just glad you are OK

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Glad you're OK. No whip lash I hope. Don't let the insurance company off the hook. Stay on them like smelly on pooh and get your car fixed right while the weather's still nice.

OP
tinman58

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
He was driving a ford ranger contractor truck I know the company name so I am comfortable about the ins. but the mental anguish is getting to me. The dog leg benind the passenger door is tweeked out about 3 inches the door can't open it is also jambed up in the front fender. The trunk floor and wheel well seam split with about a 4 inch fold . The right side of the car is about 4 inches shorter than the left. Gona go sit in the hot tub for awhile with my beautiful wife.
Dan
url]
bums/pp94/tinman1958/IMG_1394.jpg[/IMG
IMG_1427.jpg
]

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Dan
Glad you are ok! TR4nut has a late TR3a tub rear end etc that might be of use to you. I need an inner fender from it and a right front fender from it. May be it is time far a road trip. listing
Paul

OP
tinman58

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Hey Paul
I like that! I called the body guy who did the work for me. He came right over to see the damage,and he thinks that it does need a new rear everything. I will be in contact with the ins in the am. I hope that there will be no B.S.
Dan

emmett1010

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I spent a LOT of time, refinishing the rear of my car, where some po had pushed the bumperettes into the rear apron, spare tire lid, ect., trying to push the car off.

My worst nightmare, my condolences,
Emmett
It's not a human life

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It'll probably be totaled
Be ready to argue with the Ins. Co.

hondo402000

Darth Vader
I hate to be the negative one but I would be prepaired for the BS, are you sure you are not hurt? maybe your neck is starting to hurt a little? Insurance companies tend to do the right thing when possible neck injuries and reoccuring pain is a possibility, Remember they are not looking out for you only the insurance companies profit margin.

sorry been is that suituation before and I got the shaft

Hondo

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Dan-

Dang, that is painful - I have a picture of your car in my garage as inspiration, still like the color choice you made with it.

Just don't give up the fight - Brosky may chime in soon as he went through some pain with his TR6 last year, but what helped him and I think will help you is that you've documented the restoration. Pretty easy to see the quality of the car you have, and it won't be hard to assess the value.

As Paul pointed out, I have a tub & miscellaneous parts out here in Texas - most are tattered and torn but you are more than welcome to the back end of the tub if you need it. Unfortunately I think there might be a problem, as my tub is the later style, post TS60K, and there are quite a few differences with the earlier TR3As.

Randy

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
OH MAAAAAAAAAAN!

that Rat@#$$^$*^$%^O*%!!!!#####!!!

glad everyone is ok!

pjsmetana

Jedi Warrior
DNK said:

Sadly I agree, but you can always buy it back from them... if its even worth the trouble. Looks like close to the whole body is going to need replacement.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]It'll probably be totaled
Be ready to argue with the Ins. Co.[/QUOTE]

This is why it's best to have some form of collectors insurance. I was lucky that I did.

Same scenario too. Just about 1,000 miles on the rebuild and I got front ended. BUT, neither of us was hurt and that the most important thing.

Pick a good shop and insist that they allow you to take pictures along the way. Just for future reference.

https://www.74tr6.com/repainting.htm

newmexTR3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
DNK said:

If you have collector's insurance there's no way it'll be totaled.

Positive thoughts here guys, geez.