• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rattletrap

AltaKnight

Jedi Knight
My TR6 has a pretty good rattle from both doors when I go over road bumps.
I'm thinking its mostly from the windows (in the rolled down position) shaking around in the window guides.
Has anyone replaced or fixed these to stop or at least reduce the rattling.
I see the guides are quite pricey from the usual suspects, do the original ones adjust or is it a replacement job?

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
The felt strips for the window guides were available for awhile. Moss once listed them, now they don't. Victoria British still lists them
https://www.victoriabritish.com/icatalog/t6/0050.asp
Give them a call to see if still available.

A clever fellow on the 6-pack forum refurbished his by using Velcro (not the hook side).

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
ISTR that someone found a product at JCWhitney that nicely relined these. May be in the archives here or elsewhere.

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I fit new window channels from TRF on my driver's door last summer, and it took care of any rattling caused by the window. The replacement took about an hour, and the old channels were *very* worn.

Sadly, not all the rattling was coming from the window. It seems that the linkage between the door handle and the latch rattles a little bit. I fit some adhesive felt pads to where it seemed to be bouncing against the door, but it seems that it's the actual linkage itself making the noise. Prevents my driver's door from having the same solid sound as my passanger door. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

SCguy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I just rebuilt my TR4 doors/windows. New channels and bracket to hold the channels to the doors (usually sold as on piece) are about $100 a side. I've seen just the channels for considerably less on e-bay, but this means that you would have to use your brackets over refitting them just the right. Mine were rusted from my TR4. There is some adjustment which can be made to the channels by how they mount to the doors. You may want to see if you can made things better by first trying this.