• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Randy Forbes

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Randy - Best Wishes for a speedy recovery. I had a valve job back in 02 and everything went well - just listening to the Drs orders, taking the meds and behaving. I know that is what you will be doing - so with a long life ahead in your future.:driving:

Country flag
Good luck, Randy-remember, don’t go over fifty for the first couple of weeks!

Last edited:

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
I was just in touch with Sue, Randy’s wife. He is out of surgery and did well. Recovery next!

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I was just in touch with Sue, Randy’s wife. He is out of surgery and did well. Recovery next!

:eagerness:

TodE

Jedi Hopeful
Great News!! I hope Randy didn't talk the physicians into putting a BMW twin cam in place of his heart!

Have a speedy recovery Randy!

pkmh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Guy-jumps-out-of-car.gif

Hopefully soon, you'll be back on your feet again!

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Fellow Forum Dwellers,

Our (possibly real, possibly virtual) friend Randy Forbes will be undergoing open heart surgery tomorrow (he's getting a 'valve job'). I've been in touch with Randy for a couple weeks since it finally dawned on me that his always helpful posts started getting fewer and fewer (some of you knew already). While he's looking forward to getting his ticker back in top nick there will, of course, be some recovery efforts required. I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing Randy the best for a speedy recovery (and sending prayers if that's your bent). I'm sure his BMW customers will be anxiously awaiting his return to form as well.

Cheers,
Bob
Does a “valve job” qualify as a “rolling restoration”? Asking for a friend.

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Heck, if they're pulling your head off to do the valves, you might to think about taking care of the bottom end as well: rings and bearings at least...
I'm dang glad I live today vs. anytime in the past, for both simple things like yellow stickies and SPF labelled sun tan lotion, and then the repair services that are available, even though they don't use OEM parts. Good fortune to you and all of us. Doug

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Many of you have been asking for a Randy update. He has had an extremely rough couple of days with tremendous pain. We were repeatedly told that their goal was to "stay ahead of the pain" but they kind of dropped the ball on that. He was finally hooked up to a pain pump last night and I am hoping he gets some relief now. He could barely speak, and could not take any deep breaths, due to the crushing pain. I am anxious to see him later this morning and hoping he is more comfortable. The good news is that he is out of ICU and on the cardiac care floor (From Sue this morning)

PHulst

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
Sorry to hear that he's had that much pain.
Generally when I see patients after heart surgery I'm amazed how little pain they have had.

I wish Randy continued healing, and a speedy recovery.

PH